Allegemeine SS visor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allegemeine SS visor

Once again its time for me to demonstrate my sheer ignorance for both your amusement and my education....this came from a collection of about 65% repro stuff so my hopes are low...I just thought I would run it by you guys and see what you all think.
    Regards,
    Eric
    Attached Files

some more
    Attached Files

Comment

still more
      Attached Files

Comment

That's an old Alteste fake from the late 50's early 60's. The eagle is most likely an original unmarked Assmann and the scull is most likely a 3 pronger, which some believe to be original, also the chinstrap and side buttons may be original. Post the insignia pics in the proper forum. These have now become collectable so don't rip it apart.
        FL

Comment

Classic Alteste fake If priced at more than the value of the eagle then keep on walking.

Ian

Comment

Thanks guys, I have gotten some PM's on this as well...I got it in a collection and I bought it as a fake...so no downside here for me...I will repost over in insignia now. It is for sale...
            Regards,
            Eric

Comment

Skull

I'm loving that 3 prong skull. Sweet candy to my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Manzie View Post
                I'm loving that 3 prong skull. Sweet candy to my eyes.
                This guy took sham uniforms and sewed real insignia on them....I have cut up most of them, U.S. uniforms from the 70's with WW2 era german insignia...why? just why? I have another skull marked RZM 5/8 that is loose here on my desk....I don't like the teeth on it though...no seam above the teeth at all...looks suspect..I will post it.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
                  I have another skull marked RZM 5/8 that is loose here on my desk....I don't like the teeth on it though...no seam above the teeth at all...looks suspect..I will post it.
                  Don't bother, it's a common fake.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                    Don't bother, it's a common fake.

Ian
                    Thanks...for saving my time and everyone elses...I suspected it was garbage.
                    Eric

Comment

In this hobby there's not that many occasions when your gut instinct immediately say's "Garbage" and it's proved to be wrong.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                        In this hobby there's not that many occasions when your gut instinct immediately say's "Garbage" and it's proved to be wrong.

Ian
                        So true....we go astray when either greed or lust wins out over common sense!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X