SS eagle - your opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS eagle - your opinions please

is it original and what is it worth? seller says there is what looks like a number 42 on the back... thank you
    Attached Files

Sorry (as I said on the other post) this isn't an original.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
      Sorry (as I said on the other post) this isn't an original.

Ian
      thanks Ian. what makes it a fake? i'd like to learn so i won't have to ask everytime

Comment

Search

Using the Forum Search function will allow you to do research and study tons of Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Using the Forum Search function will allow you to do research and study tons of Eagles.
          believe me i've tried that and couldn't find any one that looks like this one. i searched the bad numbers and the good ones ending in 42...

Comment

Those wires look like they were taken from a common paperclip then soldered to the eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
              Those wires look like they were taken from a common paperclip then soldered to the eagle.
              does that mean the whole piece is bad then?

Comment

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; border-spacing: 0px" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD><!-- Begin Description -->
                Deleted -
                </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

His Father was robbed, unless of course he bought it for £1 ... I bought quite a few reproductions from London in the 70's for a £1 and they've been in my family since (somewhere )

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by luftwaffenkopf View Post
                    believe me i've tried that and couldn't find any one that looks like this one. i searched the bad numbers and the good ones ending in 42...
                    If you look at all of the ones deemed original, they all have a certain "feel" and quality of detail. Same goes for the copies. After a while, you'll be able to tell good from bad even without other references. There are few exceptions. Add to this that the range of original variations is quite small compared to some badges (Heer cap eagles, for example), and with a bit of study you can quite easily memorize all of their characteristics...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X