SS cap eagle real or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS cap eagle real or fake?

Another item I am looking at. I never buy anything with out consulting the masses, I have been burned more then enough. So if anyone can tell me if it is period and what a decent price is thanks again for all of your help in advance.

Forgot the pictures.
    Attached Files

Comment

The masses would give a thumbs down unanimously ..

Comment

yes they will

Comment

Even I would say this one is bad...tsk tsk on the eagle. Smart for asking before leaping...I predict a long and prosperous collecting career.

Richard

Comment

I have posted at least 10 times today I am trolling for SS items that are real but for the right price any one selling

Comment

Originally posted by MA02093 View Post
              I have posted at least 10 times today...
              Yes, and it is getting a bit tiresome. The items you are posting are some of the most obvious fakes imaginable. Stop posting every POS you run across like the members of this forum have nothing better to do than serve as your personal free answer service and take some time to do a bit of study on your own. This forum is a great resource for anyone willing to use a bit of initiative. Use the search function and study older threads before posting. If you just keep posting crap and filling the forum with threads about fakes that have been discussed dozens of times before, without showing any willingness to put forth some effort on your own first, people will stop helping you. Also, before buying any piece of militaria, I suggest that you buy a few books on the subject and do your homework first.

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                Yes, and it is getting a bit tiresome. The items you are posting are some of the most obvious fakes imaginable. Stop posting every POS you run across like the members of this forum have nothing better to do than serve as your personal free answer service and take some time to do a bit of study on your own. This forum is a great resource for anyone willing to use a bit of initiative. Use the search function and study older threads before posting. If you just keep posting crap and filling the forum with threads about fakes that have been discussed dozens of times before, without showing any willingness to put forth some effort on your own first, people will stop helping you. Also, before buying any piece of militaria, I suggest that you buy a few books on the subject and do your homework first.
                very true

Comment

Comment

The E-stand here is a good place to start if you are buying.

The system is rigged to fleece new collectors elsewhere. There are no shortcuts or bargains in SS collecting.

Keep in mind there are levels of fakes. You are posting the easy ones. What gets these guys here going is the real thing, or truly spectacular fakes. And there are some terrifyingly well rendered fakes.

As you get more educated, you will actually become more vulnerable to getting ripped of because you THINK you know what to look for. Well the fakers know what you are looking for too and their evil f***ing elves will conjure it up for you. Yes, just for you! Assume fraud and malice, work backwards from there.

You must pay full retail unless you start networking with other collectors. Then you get 5% off!

As stated earlier buy the books. Get ready to drop 1-2K on SS reference books for starters. Then get your hands on some real stuff and STUDY it. You will buy fakes. It's normal it's called tuition. Try not to throw up on your shoes when it happens.

That's some free advice. Those are some lessons learned from my 2 second collecting career. I've heard collecting called the "Devil's gift." That's pretty accurate. Run. Now. While you can.

Comment

Originally posted by MA02093 View Post
                      ...I am trolling for SS items that are real but for the right price any one selling
                      In your opinion, what's the right price?... $25-$50 USD?...
                      Collecting SS items is expensive!
                      Do as others have adviced you, begin with the books.

Comment

Speak, speak!

Comment

A FF'en MEN

Comment

The comments given here are truely more valuable than the initial post ..

Comment

Hi,

If it helps here are a couple of things that I spotted that seemed to give the obvious of the eagle being fake

The head of the eagle itself is simply horrid craftsmanship and it looks to be crudely shaped.

The swastika itself was the first turn off. Never have I seen an original with a crooked swastika.

Hope this helps anyway possible. When you can do your research, it is some of the best advice! Good luck

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X