Wittmans drinkin cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    If it just had a few more stamps on the bottom it would be authentic.
    Yes...there are several organizations that are not represented on the bottom, they must widen the base for more stamps.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
      Yes...there are several organizations that are not represented on the bottom, they must widen the base for more stamps.

Richard
      I agree, and I always look for the Panzer Racing Sponsor Logo when authenticating these-

I think those are decal letters that were put on before glazing?
      Attached Files

Comment

Mmmmhhh, original or not, its very difficult

..... but I think it is a fake, because I miss "ges.gesch", "D.R.G.M.", "D.R.P." and the "RBNr."

GG

Comment

Personally I will only ever buy 3rd Reich ceramics that have the words "Dish washer safe" on the bottom. That way you can be sure it is 100% original.

Comment

mug

I look for the Microwave safe logo, then I know its good...... for the microwave.

Comment

Originally posted by C. Betz View Post
              There were a bunch of steins like these listed and sold for a while in the '80s in the back of Shotgun News. Every Third Reich personality you could think of. Later, the purveyor of these gems went to prison.

Charles Betz

Charles, can you give us any more details on the guy? I know they came out of Wisconsin (milwaukee I think). I have two of these myself and a friend in NJ has the bier stein of Walter Raeder. Mine are low life Kriegsmarine personnel, but the craftsmanship on the U-Boat and E- Boat badges are great. Not to mention the Iron Crosses!

I found my first one down at an antik shop in Tombstone, Arizona with a German Customs tag attached to the handle. I paid all of $35.00. The E-Boat sterin ran a little more, but it was about 20 years later, I got it for $55.00. I have used both at halloween parties

Comment

Steins

Kondor,
                Can't remember the person's name but the steins were priced around $600 a pop.

Charles Betz

Comment

I wonder if it will pass the blacklight & burn test.

Comment

I wonder if it´s the same seller that sold Eva´s panties.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X