Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dachau insignia

Found this on ebay.
    Not big news, but another proove of the Dachau depot insignia...posted for the interested.
    Attached Files

Nice! , but if that was a 1945/46 shot it would be better

I think by now [hopfully!] everyone believes in the stroage depot items from Dachau, but we all hope for that magic 1945, 46 shot!

Comment

Did anyone ever see an SS Feldgendarmerie sleeve eagle in a Dachau group before .. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
        Did anyone ever see an SS Feldgendarmerie sleeve eagle in a Dachau group before .. ?

Yes ..................

Courtesy of Bob H.

These eagles were obsolete from October 1944 (replaced by the sleeve raute) .................. hence their availability in large numbers in the Dachau stores in 1945.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 02-01-2011, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Hello Robin ,

thanks for the update - but - while we're on the subject , wasn't the SS version supposed to be in GREY ( Angolia page 407 of 1st edition ) .. ?
          I've always assumed that they should look like this - any more info on the subject appreciated .. !
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
            ........... wasn't the SS version supposed to be in GREY ...........
            No.

Orange .................... like the WH Feldgendarmerie.
            Attached Files

Comment

Holy cow - how much must have been there...!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                Holy cow - how much must have been there...!
                A lot !!
                Attached Files

Comment

Could see these pics all day long - I love it!!

Comment

Millions of pieces of insignia all told..(MINDBOGGLING) Someday fotos may surface..no doubt some were shot..most likely lost to time..sadly there where MANY OTHER distractions going on as we all know...Billbert

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden View Post
                      Yes ..................

Courtesy of Bob H.

These eagles were obsolete from October 1944 (replaced by the sleeve raute) .................. hence their availability in large numbers in the Dachau stores in 1945.
                      Robin, do you mean the cuffband for the field police when you say raute (I was not sure about the terminology)? That would explain the abundance of the eagles indeed.

Comment

Just a quick question, probably showing my ignorance here, but why did they store all these items at Dachau of all places?

Comment

Martin, the reason why they were stored there is because the items were made on site.

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post
                            Martin, the reason why they were stored there is because the items were made on site.
                            No they weren't. Some insignia may have been made locally, but they were stored there because it was a major SS garrison and there was an SS clothing depot.

Comment

Ok I will change my statement to, it is my belief that they were made on site.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X