Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Langemarck Photos

Have this in my collection.

The Untersturmführer is Leo Van der Veen(According to the info i have got) He was missing in Bjelgorodka(Ukraine( the 4 march 1944.
    Attached Files

Great pictures

He must have gone missing during the withdrawal from the bloody maelstrom that was Yampil.

thanks for sharing

Tom

Comment

very nice photos ! I love the one where the DeVLag sign is on the wall Drop me a line if selling at some stage

Comment

Hi Larsen
        Very nice copies of pictures. I hope you didn't bought them as original. They are people taking pictures from my website, duplicate them and sell them as originals..
        The Ustuf is Leo Van de Weeën
        best

Comment

Larsen nice pictures, thanks for posting.
          What kind of tunics are the Ski men wearing?
          May you post a close up please?

Comment

Yes, very interesting pics!

Comment

Thanks.

Here are some close up of the ski pics.

I dont know if they are original or not, i brought them for about 10 years ago.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice photographs but indeed reproductions.

I recognize some: The Algemeene-SS Vlaanderen man on the down left is August Scholler (murdered). The one above A.S. is Willy Carpels. The Untersturmführer is indeed Leo van der Weeën. The SS Volunteer standing up is I think (?) Rik Wagenaers (?). Should look that up. The Ski is, should look that also up, a skitrip from Bad Tölz students to Tirol (?).

Comment

Originally posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
                  Nice photographs but indeed reproductions.

I recognize some: The Algemeene-SS Vlaanderen man on the down left is August Scholler (murdered). The one above A.S. is Willy Carpels. The Untersturmführer is indeed Leo van der Weeën. The SS Volunteer standing up is I think (?) Rik Wagenaers (?). Should look that up. The Ski is, should look that also up, a skitrip from Bad Tölz students to Tirol (?).
                  August Schollen (*)

Comment

I've seen the ski photos before (from Junker Schule Bad Tolz officer's training if I remember correctly).
                    What's noteworthy is that the ski anoraks shown are ex-Italian army Alpini garments, no doubt taken from Italian stocks,
                    after the September 1943 armistice !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X