Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Marine Sturmbann ???

Hi,
    Just got some photos from the SS-Nachrichtensturmbann 6and the SS Standarte 28 Nordwest Hamburg.

As I don't collect Allgemeine SS, I have trobles indentifying these 2 uniforms, can any one help?

Thanks
    AJ

<table class="wikitable"><tbody><tr><td>
    </td> <td>
    </td> <td>
    </td></tr></tbody></table>
    Attached Files

They could be Marine SA.

Comment

Uniforms

SA guys.

Comment

WOW SA-marine great photos!rare

Comment

Marine-SA?

Here's the weird part. The collar tabs do NOT coincide with any SA regulations I know of. The shoulderboard and rank tabs are clearly enlisted ones, but SA enlisted personnel NEVER wore bi-color collar tab piping. That was only worn only by Sturmfuhrer and above.

Comment

Marine-SA

Notice the shape of the collar tabs in the same photo - It looks like they were assembled backwards (Rank tab on unit side, and vice-versa). People would question those today probably.

Comment

awesome photos of the SA Marine anything navy or marine related i like

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for your troubles and time!

Happy the guys were identyfied, had hoped they would have been SS like the others photos in the lot!

Any way, as I do not collect SA, feel free to contact me if interested in the photos!

Thanks
                AJ

Comment

During my studies on the SA marine lately, Ive been studying musicians.Not just SA marine musicians but ALL musicians during 1931 and 33 ALL wore bi-color tab piping reguardless of rank. Im betting hes a musician.This is a quote from the David Littlejohn Osprey series.
                  Last edited by wewelsburg; 01-29-2011, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Also note Marine Sa guy is wearing the smooth nickel type crossstrap with a tunic{usually with brownshirt},I assume he has a claw buckle on},These sort of things were done all the time.SA regulations werent as CONCRETE as everyone thinks.Just because its not in Angolia or whomever doesnt mean it didnt or did happen.Regulations were changed and swapped for short periods especially with cloth insignia,and with the SA first above other organisations{SS,Wehr,Luft etc.}.
                    Also of note sidearms were worn very early on before the ban.SA feldjaeger wore them also.

Comment

Sa

Can you produce another photo of enlisted SA musicians wearing bi-color piping around their collar tabs? Until I see other photos of this, I have to doubt the assertion that this was commonly done.

Comment

Musicians

Wewelsburg is correct!! Posting other photographs won't be necessary, as I found photos myself with the bi-color piping being worn by enlisted personnel during the pre-1933 era. Interestingly, of the 4 enlisted SA men in formation playing their drums, 2 of them had bi-color piping around their collar tabs and 2didn't. All 4 guys had BLANK unit tabs, and no lyres to are seen.

Comment

I agree--there are a number of mistakes in the Osprey book. Whether it was confusion on the author's part caused by an incorrect translation from the original orders or something else, I wouldn't bet the farm on anything in any of the English language post war references.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

But in this case Littlejohn is correct.

Comment

Allgemeine SS,early SS-VT and SS-TV {NOT JUST musicians} also practiced bi color piping,solid white piping and no piping on enlisted tabs!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X