Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSSAH camo pics

Hi,

I got these Italian made pc size pics, and wondering, which tunic they wear. A tank tunic?

The family made a scan copy of a studio portrait, and there the man wears LAH shoulder boards.

What paper is that? Looks like Rensi?
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

The man on the left is wearing a regulation issued camo coverall (Kombi) the man at right seems to be wearing a work coverall.

Comment

agreed .

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          The man on the left is wearing a regulation issued camo coverall (Kombi) the man at right seems to be wearing a work coverall.
          the camo overall was only given to tank soldiers, am I right? I thought so.

Comment

Originally posted by m-e-h-t View Post
            the camo overall was only given to tank soldiers, am I right? I thought so.
            Technically all crew members of "armored" vehicles were meant to be issued these, that includes recon vehicle - , assault gun - and armored radio units etc., so not only "tank crews". However, Grenadiere would also wear them if they could get hold of them, it was a popular item.

It is hard to say for certain, anyhow for me, but from that picture it looks as if the camo coverall man is wearing paratrooper jump boots, which is also (if that is indeed the case) quite interesting.

Comment

I must add that the peak in the use of ss camo coveralls was the year 1943, prior to that there were none and after 1943 the number you can find on period pictures declined.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
                Technically all crew members of "armored" vehicles were meant to be issued these, that includes recon vehicle - , assault gun - and armored radio units etc., so not only "tank crews". However, Grenadiere would also wear them if they could get hold of them, it was a popular item.

It is hard to say for certain, anyhow for me, but from that picture it looks as if the camo coverall man is wearing paratrooper jump boots, which is also (if that is indeed the case) quite interesting.

Here is a better shot:
                Attached Files

Comment

Great non combat shot for a change , thanks for posting .

Comment

Great picture of that combi, are there many pictures around of them in wear were you see the details this good?

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                      Great picture of that combi, are there many pictures around of them in wear were you see the details this good?
                      Much better than these. Most reference books on Kursk show some excellent detail photo's
                      __________________________________________________ ___________
                      Cheers Steve

Comment

Nice picture

didier.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP View Post
                          Much better than these. Most reference books on Kursk show some excellent detail photo's
                          __________________________________________________ ___________
                          Cheers Steve
                          Thanks Steve.

Comment

Is that an oak camo collar the right men has on his combi or is it just the shadow ?

Jens

Comment

If you have a scanner, please scan them and we can see a lot more details.

Nice photos btw

//Felix

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X