Christian Tychsen - Photograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Tychsen - Photograph

Hi all, I posted this in the 'Pictures and Paper Items Forum' however seeing as it is relevant to the SS and having seen so many pics posted here before, I thought it best to post here too for comments.

I am 100% that is original, but thought some others may be able to decipher the text.....I tried in photoshop, however it was hard to isolate the text from the background.

Its a 4" x 7" photo btw...

I have only just purchased the photo and have not received it in hand as yet.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I think Gran Sasso got it on the "paper forum", no? He said;

".....text reads "Für meinen Fahrer Stm (Sturmmann) Wald (?) zur Erinnerung, Tychsen". The date mentioned is 1 day after he was KIA -
    maybe noted by the owner of the foto, with the germanic death-rune."

anyway, cool photo.

Jp

Comment

Oh!, apologies then....I am at work and must have skimmed over it too quickly... That is great.

Although, does it translate "To my Commander (one to one it translates as Driver? Fahrer...) to the memory of my comrade / friend Tychsen...

Although I lived in Germany for a while, my German is far from fluent. :-(

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
      I think Gran Sasso got it on the "paper forum", no? He said;

".....text reads "Für meinen Fahrer Stm (Sturmmann) Wald (?) zur Erinnerung, Tychsen". The date mentioned is 1 day after he was KIA -
      maybe noted by the owner of the foto, with the germanic death-rune."

anyway, cool photo.

Jp

Comment

nice photo, thanks for showing
        best
        Xisco

Comment

Cheers.

I got a killer deal on this one too, very cheap considering the personality in the photograph and signature etc...

I am still yet to get it in hand (it posted today) so I will be awaiting this one next week...

I think I might have it framed.

Originally posted by rameses View Post
          nice photo, thanks for showing
          best
          Xisco

Comment

very nice and rare find.

Comment

To put the dedication on the photo into context... elaborating on what has already been translated...

He is saying "To my Driver, Sturmann 'Wald'(name of driver) then is "zur Erinnerung" is this taken as best wishes...? or some dedication....

Then finally signed off Tychsen...

Does that seem correct?

I never became fluent auf Deutsch.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X