Bullion Sleeve Eagle-Opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullion Sleeve Eagle-Opinions please

I would much appreciate knowing if this rather battered Bullion Sleeve Eagle is an original or a copy, also an indication as to when it was manufactured. Many thanks, Clive.
    Attached Files

Reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Eagle

IMO, a variant from other than German manufacture. War time era. Could be good.

Comment

Maybe. But I really hate when the bullion extends across one row of the wings to another. In other words, all of the rows of the wings should be separate bullion rows, IMO, whether the black threads are missing or not.
        Does that make any sense?

It's a Glenfiddich night . . .

Comment

Personally I don't like it but I'm no expert, it's certainly not one you would easily sell on again so it would have to have either a cast iron provenance or be very cheap.

Ian

Comment

I picked this up probably over 35-40 years ago, a time with little funds to buy anything, no history or provenance. Totally agree about the condition, possibly ripped from a uniform, if it is original that is. I doubt is has much value. I would though like to know if it is good or not, also where it was manufactured. Many thanks, Clive.

Comment

Its original Ive seen an intact one..probably foreign made...the bullion strands on the wings are indicative of allot of fakes though but in this case no.

Comment

Many thanks John, very pleased to know it is an original Regards, Clive.

Comment

caution must prevail here.
                  I would say repro/copy.
                  Is that purple thread on the reverse?

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                    Its original Ive seen an intact one..probably foreign made...the bullion strands on the wings are indicative of allot of fakes though but in this case no.
                    I think it is good too but sadly tortured, maybe torn off and cleaned up. Too bad purple was invented in 1988.

Comment

I would have to go along with original here too. It sure appears to have the cardboard unterlagen, and they definitely did not have that in fakes 35 years ago.

It's not pretty, but that does not equal fake, nor does the purple thread and long bullion strands in the wings. I don't like that embroidery style either, but I was not there to give embroidery instructions, and they probably did not understand English anyway.

Richard

Comment

To me this is a version made wartime in the Low Countries...

Comment

Many thanks for the further informed comments, much appreciated. Hopefully it seems to be a good one, though in poor condition. Regards, Clive.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X