Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honor ring engraved: "Erinnerung"

Hi guys,

My friend found this ring in the ground. You can see there an engraved: Erinnerung. I do not see hallmark anywhere, but the inside is very dirty. The ring is probably made of alpaca.

What do you think, that is it a Wehrmacht style or perhaps SS-style? The guy is completely reliable, so this ring is a 100% original piece.

Thanks in advance!

All the Best,
    Gabor
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Could be almost anything, not military related IMO.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thank you, Chris!

Best regards,
            Gabor

Originally posted by Chris Pittman View Post
            Could be almost anything, not military related IMO.

Comment

Erinnerung

I believe the word "erinnerung" translates more like "souvenir" or "remembrance". Could be for anything, IMO.

Comment

but to remember what? there's no date, or name , or emblem etc.
                Has a good look to it as far as being thin, good patina. But there's no way to date it exactly,,40s?,50s?,60s?

Comment

Hi Gaspare,

The German army were in my country only the 40's years, between the 50's - 90's years were here the russian army. So I think, that it's a wartime German ring, only I don't know who got it ( non-combat unit or combat unit ). Perhaps it's a personal gift with a girl to the soldier.

Best regards,
                  Gabor

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
                  but to remember what? there's no date, or name , or emblem etc.
                  Has a good look to it as far as being thin, good patina. But there's no way to date it exactly,,40s?,50s?,60s?

Comment

As I remember as proud Austrian that Austro-Hungarian where allied the years before 1918...

And "we" still use and also then used German language... so this ring can be everything.

Cheers Bernhard

Comment

Hi Bernhard,

It's true and it's a good idea. I had not thought of that possibility

MfG Gabor aus Budapest

Originally posted by pzb14 View Post
                      As I remember as proud Austrian that Austro-Hungarian where allied the years before 1918...

And "we" still use and also then used German language... so this ring can be everything.

Cheers Bernhard

Comment

Ring

There was a movie where a German officer kept brow-beating a subordinate, insisting that, because he volunatrily joined the army, and KNEW he'd be serving with only men, then ipso-facto, he must be attracted to men. When the poor trooper finally gave in, the officer proclaimed proudly, "He said YES, He said YES" So maybe that ring was to celebrate their "coming-out" party. Just trying to help here.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X