French SS Badge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French SS Badge ?

Hello, insignia like SS Salute promise . Find with french political badge, Petain's period. Thanks

Or it could be put on the table for an order of 3 drinks .
    I think in " Inglorious Basterds " one could even tell where a person was from , looking at the way he formed his 3 fingers ..

Comment

Gang Signs.

Jp

Comment

Looks more like a résistance commemorative pin, of the kind they sold in all kinds of forms in Northwestern Europe in 1944-1950. Also it looks to be made out of thin brass sheet, a material that was scarce during the occupation years. You can find these pins lying around on flea markets in Belgium, Holland and France. I saw flags of all kinds (most GB/US/F/USSR), miniature Eiffel towers, Dutch windmills and even clogs. Value: next to nothing. In fact it's tourist's junk, sold to participants of the biggest mass travels ever: military invasions.
        I see no connection whatsoever to French SS. Isn't this hand sign a common a general way of swearing an oath?

L

Comment

For me, as I look at the actual hand sign, the metal hand is not really like the oath hand sign. In the oath ; the two upright fingers are typically close to each other, never fully splayed out.
          While the metal hand sign has the two upright fingers splayed far apart , like the old Brit "V" for victory sign.

So it seems different

Comment

Originally posted by Winkelman View Post
            Or it could be put on the table for an order of 3 drinks .
            I think in " Inglorious Basterds " one could even tell where a person was from , looking at the way he formed his 3 fingers ..

Yes.

Appears to be a promotional item for a drink, indicating that it is good all the time: morning, afternoon and evening.
            The spanish mark "Quina SAN C." used something similar in the '60.

Last edited by RVizcain; 01-07-2011, 01:48 AM. Reason: petit erreur

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X