X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSS- Tunic at Weitze´s

Any comment on this one?

https://www.weitze.net/detail/69/Waf...1__141869.html

I think given recent events it should be treated with scepticism as to when or if the insignia is original to the tunic (pre May 1945).

Then again I would probably have been ridiculed for having posted this one for review myself.

Comment

Ludwig....all you have to ask yourself is..what are the odds such a tunic survived the war unnoticed until Helmut Weitze pulled it out of the woodwork and put it on his site,coupled with the knowledge that most of this dealers woodwork items come from his own seamstress or tailor.

Comment

clear, italy wool m-43 tunic with added tabs and shield ?

Comment

price speaks well about restored or untouched item.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
            price speaks well about restored or untouched item.
            Nothing to do.

Comment

Nice mint tunic problaby found with factory eagle applied and without tab.
              Now...mint insignas sewn on mint tunic = impossible to proove or even guess the tunic is untouched..
              So add the value of the insignas + stripped tunic and you have a realistic
              estimation of your investisment.

Comment

Tunic

Originally posted by alexandre View Post
                = impossible to proove or even guess the tunic is untouched. So add the value of the insignas + stripped tunic and you have a realistic estimation of your investisment.
                I have edited the statement to reflect only the facts and can agree with this part. I would also add in a little more value for the complete rig. I would think a tunic of this type with provinance would sell for 3X the asking price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohlau View Post
                  clear, italy wool m-43 tunic with added tabs and shield ?
                  Good school speaks, BTW do you think is a fair price?

kind regards,
                  Salvatore

Comment

A normal price for a mint tunic with factory applied eagle is 4000 euros
                    + 600 for a pair of tab (dachau volunteer's tabs are often cheaper)
                    you have to pay 2900 euros for the shield and the sewing job...
                    NOT CHEAP IMO

Comment

i agree with you Alex,i remember the times when a mint italian wool tunic was 1900 deutsche mark,and not to many takers back them
                      i think helmut went to dark side since last few years,i have get from him super items in the past ,but last time i have some returns to him.....
                      thee tunic in question is a mint one that was restored with dachau insignia and the story how this one was foud in a car near Berlin is

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        Ludwig....all you have to ask yourself is..what are the odds such a tunic survived the war unnoticed until Helmut Weitze pulled it out of the woodwork and put it on his site,coupled with the knowledge that most of this dealers woodwork items come from his own seamstress or tailor.
                        Yes, I know John. I had my opinion clear, but wanted to check if this tunic was well known to the uniform collectors. If it had a story and was circulating and all the serious collectors were just laughing. If that tunic was untouched and the story was true, why such a bargaing price? Many dealers don´t even bother to make their stories believable...

Comment

What bothers me mosre is he couldve just added runic Collar tabs and boards and had a standard example of an SS tunic then sold it for a reasonable price to reflect that and still made a profit but these guys always have to go way over the top on everything especially prices.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                            What bothers me mosre is he couldve just added runic Collar tabs and boards and had a standard example of an SS tunic then sold it for a reasonable price to reflect that and still made a profit but these guys always have to go way over the top on everything especially prices.
                            Fully agree!

Comment

By the way: by employing a skillful old-fashioned tailor from an eastern country you really don´t have to pay that much for a great sewing job.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X