Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jawless skull?

Hello,

I need some opinions on this jawless skull. I went throught the skull thread and looks similar to the so called Berlin-type. But this is not my expertise. So thanks for your comments.

Regards
    Attached Files

Jawless skull

Pics 3 and 4
    Attached Files

Comment

JAwless skull

So what could this be?

Berlin hoard, Sandman-junk or other category?

I have no idea.

Thx for opinion

Comment

You may find some answers here.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=482110

The photo below is the back of a skull purchased last month at the Kassel show from the Sandman.

If I understandwhat I am reading in this thread the skulls that have serrated prongs are thought to be the "true" Berlin Hoard skulls, but the Sandbox Man's skulls also have serrated prongs and IMO are identical to those from the purported "real" hoard. The only documentation that supports the real hoard is a newspaper article that everyone mentions. To my knowledge the oly person in possesion of this article is the Sandbox Man and he displays it on his table at the shows.

In my opinion the Berlin Hoard and the Sandbox Man are the same. It seems that most of those who believe in the Berlin Hoard and these skulls are from outside of Germany. It appears to me that just about everyone who has personally seen the Sandbox Man's stuff thinks everything he sells is fake - thus why the dealers do not buy from him. Ther eseems to be loose agreement between some of us that the Berlin Hoard and the Sandbox Man are the same, however many disagree, mainly those who own a good number of these skulls.

It does look like there was a "Berlin Hoard" that was not documented and was quickly bought up by some of the big German dealers, but the items were pretty much all Panzer related and have nothing to do with the skulls now in question or any of the junk that the Sandbox Man sells.

I really would like to see an answer found because this has bugged me for many years......

Attached Files
        Last edited by Brad Posey; 12-25-2010, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X