Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Shoulder Boards?

Greetings All,
    I have been researching these two shoulder boards and I have been told that they might be SS. I was hoping that someone here could give them a look.
    Thanks
    Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

The Other

Here is the other. I think it may be fire or police, but I am not sure.
    Thanks for looking.
    Attached Files
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

Looks to me like the first one is a Army Pioneer officers board and not SS. They are often turned into SS boards by the scumbag fakers though. Not sure on the second maybe water police its out of my collecting realm. Thanks, Glenn
      Last edited by Glenn McInnes; 04-04-2004, 05:26 PM.
      "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

From the pictures,The first one looks like what glenn has mentioned, the 2nd one is fire police,cheers,

Gary

Comment

In such a case, how can one tell the difference between SS and a Heer or Luftwaffe pioneer? I know that other waffenfarbe of the SS have the color and a layer of black underneath. My only guess it that the SS Waffenfarbe would be thicker in depth than the others?

Thanks
          Paul Reck

Comment

"In such a case, how can one tell the difference between SS and a Heer or Luftwaffe pioneer? I know that other waffenfarbe of the SS have the color and a layer of black underneath. My only guess it that the SS Waffenfarbe would be thicker in depth than the others?"

Paul,
            ss pioneer straps have secondary underlay in black, so if its black wool or felt then yes it would be thicker, some of the rayon piped boards are thin as the piping is on the edge of the braid and the tail of the piping is thin, but sometimes also the rayon piping is half in half out of the Russia braid as well.

I think that LW pioneer straps use a different waffenfarbe to HEER and SS, and normally the Russia braid is bright (shiny).

The photo above is not that good and I could not see any evidence of secondary piping so would assume that it is only an army strap.

It is worth mentioning though that the ss did use army straps, some say supply problems or preference.

Cheers,
            Gary

Comment

Sorry

Hi Fellas,
              I am sorry about the poor picture quality, I was in a hurry when I did those. Since there seems to be some interest in this shoulder board, I have taken some better photos.
              Thanks,
              Attached Files
              All the best,
              Chris

Comment

Backside

Here is the backside of the board.
                Attached Files
                All the best,
                Chris

Comment

Last One

Since someon mentioned thickness, I thought this might help
                  Attached Files
                  All the best,
                  Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X