Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS KZ brown piping visor cap $14,000

Greetings,
    I came across this cap that sold at auction recently for nearly $14,000.
    Unfortunately this is the only photo.

What do you think?

Pardon if this has already been discussed.
    ...and merry christmas.
    Jp
    Attached Files

This cap would be amazing.
    But I'm confused by the velvet looking band. I would understand an upgraded other ranks version with colored piping, but not an officer's.
    The piping and other materials look good, though shots of the interior would prove educational.

Jack

Comment

Perfect illusion or perfect piece - where did it came from and who auctioned it?

Comment

hi

Hi
        Wow my first toughts this look like a real stunning cap ,lets wait to the reel xpert came a round

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
          Perfect illusion or perfect piece - where did it came from and who auctioned it?
          O.k. here ya go, the link;

http://rockislandauction.com/search/1/aid/51

It looks to me that they were pushin' some bad fakes along with the good stuff.
          You should see the GUNS, a Himmler presentation Walther was sold as well.
          Cheers,
          Jp

Also, here's another interesting one, a diplo visor. What about this? http://rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/51/lid/1715
          Attached Files

Comment

Well............
            Since only two were interested in the cap, I thought I'd post the gun I mentioned. It sold for a little more that the cap. Any T.R. gun experts here that may have an opinion? Jp
            Attached Files

Comment

I am pretty sure I seen that kz cap before and I am pretty sure Stonemint had it in hand. If it is the one I am thinking (a Pekuro) we both thought it was bad.

Comment

nada

I know nothing about Walther Pistols or presentation pieces, but that looks like pure garbage. I used to think these Guys were a respected Auction Site for Guns. No doubt Greed has driven them to pushing all this garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pen. View Post
                  Well............
                  Since only two were interested in the cap, I thought I'd post the gun I mentioned. It sold for a little more that the cap. Any T.R. gun experts here that may have an opinion? Jp
                  Dem besten Schützen DES SS???? NOT CORRECT GERMAN SPELLING!!!

At least it should read " Dem besten Schützen DER SS!!!

nontheless, interesting craftsmenship they did on that Pistol...
                  Andreas

Comment

Someone must have gotten burned pretty badly with this pistol if it sold for $$$$. The poor quality acid etch, blobby Himmler facsimile signature, uneven lettering, etc. are extremely unimpressive. Also, pinning a device to the thin-shelled grips would be asking for disaster even when the pistol was new. Even without the spelling/grammatical error, this would be one to quickly pass by.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Holy Cr*p!!! Some one ruined a perfectly good gun????
                      Shameful, yet shameless.

Jp

Comment

John:

Many moons ago, "AAG international" (Google them - their still in business in Pennsylvania) used to send out Militaria catalogs (whether they still do or not I have no idea), and in one of their catalogs a 99 % stone mint KL SS Officer was posted, starting bid $ 4,500.00 US at that time ("that time" being the very late 1980's if I remember correctly). From what recall about AAG's description of that KL visor, and from just the one scan you posted here, I think were looking at the exact same piece.

Caveat Emptor.

Big Time Baby.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

That gun is pure sh*t. Amazing that anyone would buy it. All they did was wreck a nice Walther.
                          best wishes,
                          jeff
                          Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

The KZ cap was once on a US dealers site. Not sure if it sold or he realized it was bad but I know he was told it was bad by a few people.

Comment

Rock Island Gun Auction is a notorious dumping ground for fake and doctored items. They had SEVERAL repro Allgemeine SS tunics at the same auction.

I guess what I am saying is that you would be nuts to consign a truly good item with them.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X