Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still out there!!!!

Everyone,

Just picked these items up yesterday at an estate sale and wanted to let everyone know, that the stuff, common and rare, is still out there. The SS trumpet banner you can see where the leather hanging straps used to be (see the slots in the top edge) and where tie strings (appears period done) were sewn. The Luft. rectangle car pennant is only one half. I cannot determine if the US vet who brought these home split them and gave the other half to a friend. Or, is this an unfinished piece?? I am leaning to option two, because of the other piece of cloth with the three uncut Luft. eagles (for the triangular car pennant).

The estate sale was in Brunswick, Ohio, which is outside of Cleveland. Sorry, Jim Toncar, I know that this is in your backyard. Cleveland has turned out some fabulous flags and pennants over the years. I know of the hotel hit back in the 1980', where two Deutschland Erwache standarts one with the Eagle top and the ultra rare TK standart with the number #4 and skull in the corner. (all from one vet's son). I believe that three "Der Fuhrer" trumpet banners came out from Cleveland and Now this piece.

Anyway, just wanted to show these off. Keep hunting, digging, and searching. It's still out there! Regards, Grant

PS- I forgot to mention, the auctioneer is going to put me in touch with the family, so hopefully I can find out more info about the veteran, that brought them home.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Stunning trumpet banner.
        When you go home
        Tell them for us and say
        For your tomorrow
        We gave our today

--Inscription in the 5th Marine Division cemetery,
        Iwo Jima 1945

Comment

What a find!!!

Comment

Guess all the estate sales will be packed full of WAF members now

Comment

hi

Hi
              What a catch

Comment

amazing!
                find of a lifetime. this is what keeps us all at it!
                congrats
                regards
                jon

Comment

SS banner is super nice and rare! Great looking item it is. Congrats!
                  Regards
                  Gisle

Comment

Nice find!

I think some members here will start to drewl..

Comment

Amazing. I guess they went for a decent price?

Comment

It's too bad you had too sell your estate too pay for it. At least you now have something too show for it. I mean everybody has a house but how many people own a SS trumpet banner ?

Comment

WOW, nice find!!

Comment

It is for sure still out there, but the % on such a score is not different then to hit the Lottery. Very nice indeed

Comment

Congrats on getting this outstanding trumpet banner!
                              I would love to own something like this not because of who it was made for, but rather for the detail and quality of a piece like this.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X