Cufftitle Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cufftitle Question

I saw this at a show today. Any idea if it's good, and possible value. The seller wants to make a trade with me for some other items, and will hold it until I get back with him. Many thanks for looking!
    Attached Files

It has some sort of cloth backing on the reverse, and a few thread scraps like it was uniform removed. Thanks, again.
    Attached Files

Comment

This is the Second SS Panzer Division cufftitle, non-bevo.

Comment

cufftitle.

Hi There.
        Imo it looks okay but lets hear from the experts what they think,but i would say its okay thats my opinion and i think its a nice cuff.
        Best Regards
        Peter357.

Comment

Its an original cuff title These Das Reich cuffs with the more fat style of lettering are very nice.

//Felix

Comment

Many thanks Peter357, and //Felix! Any idea what something like this might be worth? Thank you again!

Chris

Comment

Original Cufftitle ! Regards, Peter

Comment

I'm glad I waited to here other opinions on this one. I'm not very familiar with the RZM style of this cuff title and I was thinking that it might not be good; this one looked much different from the ones I have seen posted before. Were you able to make the trade Chris?

Is the embroidery backing the same ribbed cloth as used on shoulder strap tongues and some collar tabs?

Comment

I think so, looks like regular cotton cloth to me. Everything OK with blacklight, too.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Originally posted by FW 200 View Post
                      Many thanks Peter357, and //Felix! Any idea what something like this might be worth? Thank you again!

Chris
                      There is a RZM machine woven over on the collectors guild for a little over 2500

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S000161.html

Hope this helps...

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm View Post
                        There is a RZM machine woven over on the collectors guild for a little over 2500

http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Waffe...s/S000161.html

Hope this helps...
                        Well, mine appears quite similar with the silver/grey rayon thread, and condition. I wonder why mine has a piece of backing cloth, though. The one in the link and mine seem to be the enlisted man variation. BTW, it is 14 3/4" long, not counting 3/4" for the two overlaps at the ends. Many thanks, Napalm!!
                        Last edited by FW 200; 12-06-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Here are a few of the same versions posted:
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...das+reich+cuff

On mine there is the typical black supportive backing material seen, as on the others in this version that I have seen. It is normal. One may also compare with the same kind of backing supportive material found on some Nordland cuff titles.
                          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...das+reich+cuff

Cheers,
                          Felix

Comment

The backing on mine is identical to yours, Felix. Thank you for posting it!

Comment

must admit, I don't have a great feel for the band, could be wrong but
                              these 2 are the only 2 'das reich' bands i've ever seen with cloth backing!
                              i've seen reinhard heydrich and lah with cloth backing so, as i said may be wrong!!!
                              maybe some of the experts can comment!!
                              wisches

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X