No announcement yet.

JST Sütterlin Title Photo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please think about border colors and they appear, think how dark red an armband is compared to a bright red border color. A big difference.
    See how bright the silver lettering wire is compared to the border.
    Most common border would be silver wire as well, but you see clear it's a different color then the lettering by self.
    And again it's a quite different red color then an Armband red.

Comment

Cuff Title boarders

Yes, the embroidery is silver and relects that. The boarders are not silver.

Comment

Thank you Robert and Peter for a most interesting piece of information about early insignia.
        You can see from the picture I have attached that the red border of a cuffband is much lighter than the red of a brassard in a black and white photo. These men are from PB SS'3' and thus wear a red bordered band.
        It is possible the man could be a team leader as I suppose the stripe could be blue but I suspect his rank precludes that.
        Anyway, thanks again gentlemen for the welcome addition.
        Derek

Comment

Interesting information!

Comment

Derek, nice 1935 photo with the brand new introduced SS Off. knot.
            Last edited by Robert H; 12-03-2010, 02:39 PM.

Comment

After seeing Derek's photo, I have to agree that it does appear to demonstrate that the cufftitle borders on Robert's photo could indeed be red afterall!

Just for the sake of analysis, does anyone have a similar (orthochromatic) photo that depicts a cufftitle with definatively blue borders? I'm just curious how they would appear in comparison.

Tim

Comment

I doubt that one would be able to see much in terms of difference as lighting pays a crucial role in the tone displayed in a monochrome image and the coloured borders were made of quite a reflective thread. Here are green and red titles worn by the PB at the same period. The green does appear lighter but the light source is obviously stronger and more direct. i doubt that one would be able to differentiate with any certainty.
                I'm afraid that nearly all the images I have of SS'2', (blue), in this period show them wearing Wurttemburg titles which have white or silver borders.
                Robert do you have a definitive date for the introduction of the runic sword knot?
                Derek

Comment

I have no exact date handy for the knot, but I assume mid-end of 35.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It looks very unlikely to me that that Ärmelband has a red border...
                    Attached Files

Comment

It is better to judge the photo directly then in scanned quality and in this 900 height size. There is still a difference in the colors and as said the script color or the title and the border color is obvious clear. There is nothing worth to defend or whats so ever as fact counts only.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                        There is nothing worth to defend or whats so ever as fact counts only.
                        Words to collect by . . . and from a Bavarian, at that!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X