Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS EM Bayonet Troddle (What do you think?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS EM Bayonet Troddle (What do you think?)

Dear Gents,

Well I picked this beast up at auction in September I think. It was an auction of an estate that had been the collective estates of at least two families and probably 4 or 5 generations. I really wish I would have had more money because all told it was a family's military history from the civil war to WWII...beautiful stuff!!! In any case, this is what I came out of it with and just thought I'd share it with you all, I have an idea of what it should have cost and I got it for a pretty good deal. P.S. If the man that I met at this auction is viewing this (tall with glasses and black hair, bought several armbands), please drop me a pm, I had meant to keep in touch with you but lost your contact information. Thanks alot...ZaCK

Zack.

That looks like a nice original. And you're right when you say it's a bayonet troddel. Many people still think it's an NCO sword knot. This was used on the dress bayonets of the SS-VT and SS-TV during the mid-30s and was also used on SD service bayonets during the invasion of Poland. There are very few photos of it in use. It's a lot rarer than the SS officer sword knot (which was also worn by senior SS NCOs). The one I have has a cloth SS-RZM tag dated 1935 - does yours??

The value of this is about £600.

Best regards,

Robin.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden
      Zack.

That looks like a nice original. And you're right when you say it's a bayonet troddel. Many people still think it's an NCO sword knot. This was used on the dress bayonets of the SS-VT and SS-TV during the mid-30s and was also used on SD service bayonets during the invasion of Poland. There are very few photos of it in use. It's a lot rarer than the SS officer sword knot (which was also worn by senior SS NCOs). The one I have has a cloth SS-RZM tag dated 1935 - does yours??

The value of this is about £600.

Best regards,

Robin.

Where would I find the RZM tag? I don't believe mine has one. Does this 600L come out to like...900 dollars?

Comment

The tag would have been sewn to the main body of the strap. Stitching was hand-done so it may have become detached.

These days, you get about $1080 for £600

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Lumsden

These days, you get about $1080 for £600

That's good to know, especially that this is rarer than an officer's knot. I don't plan on selling it anytime in the near future...but very good to know all the same...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X