No announcement yet.

Killer M1/52

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM sent. If you have any quetions, feel free to ask.

Comment

Super looking skull! Congrats.
      Question; what defines "frosting"? Not silver painted?
      Regards
      Gisle

Comment

What we call frosting, is that thin silver plating that has a white look.

Best,

Chris

Comment

chris, do you think all cupal deschlers when new had a frosted finish. or did some have the shiney finish like polished nickle or silver. i have some with frosted finish and some with polished finish..or maybe age handling caused this..just a thought. tom

Comment

That is a good question. I don't have the answer. I too, have both shiny, and frosted skulls, but I don't know how anyone could ever know what they actually looked like during the years that they were used.
            I have heard that the SS would sometimes clean and polish their skulls themselves to make them look nice. If you were to polish a frosted skull, it would look shiny instead. So, I think that they were all most likely plated the same, and the conditions of aging and other factors would determine how they look today.

Best, Chris

Comment

Simply awsome Chris, what a find...!!

Comment

Thanks guys! You know, John's M1/8 eagle on the estand is gorgeous too.
                I have that exact same eagle. The perfect finish is so hard to find although more common on M1/8 eagles than others.

Best, Chris

Comment

Hi,
                  This one has a little more,
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice piece!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X