Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gestapo jacket....

Hello all,
    I have a question: has the Gestapo their own model of jackets?
    Thanks,
    Junior.

Originally posted by junior
    Hello all,
    I have a question: has the Gestapo their own model of jackets?
    Thanks,
    Junior.
    Interested , in the GESTAPO? Don't get naughty hé Junior
    Pieter.
    SUUM CUIQUE ...
    sigpic

Comment

When they actually have their own model of greatcoat I can buy one for 40 EUR....

Comment

Originally posted by junior
        When they actually have their own model of greatcoat I can buy one for 40 EUR....
        ??????????????????????????????????
        Best regards,

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Barto
          ??????????????????????????????????
          I noticed Junior is in Belgium...if he's a native and a German speaker "When" would probably be the closest to "wenn" which means "if". On the other hand, I'm probably just making an enormous fool out of myself by trying to analyze a tiny mistake.

Comment

Since the Gestapo had NO uniform, ANY civilian clothing made in Europe between 1933 and 1945 "could be," I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Lundström
              Since the Gestapo had NO uniform, ANY civilian clothing made in Europe between 1933 and 1945 "could be," I suppose.
              True enough, Ricky!
              But I think that would apply to Gestapo personnel in plainclothes. As I recall, there are regulations that were published at the time that specified that Gestapo personnel not in plainclothes wore SS uniforms, and that the piping on the cap was to be white. Also, there are photos of Adolf Eichman in SS uniform. Eichmann was with the Gestapo, which was section IV of the Reich Security Main Office (RSHA), Eichman himself actually being assigned to section IV B 4.

Comment

The Gestapo normally wore plain civilian clothes. However, during the war, Gestapo and Kripo (CID) men who were operating in the occupied territories were allowed to wear SD uniform - even if they were not members of the SD or SS. This was to give them a measure of protection against being shot 'accidentally' ( ) by German troops, many of whom despised them. The Gestapo and Kripo combined formed the Sipo, which came under the RSHA after 1939, so the wearing of SD uniform by the Gestapo and Kripo was, in many ways, logical, as the SD also came under the RSHA. Anyone confused??

Comment

Do I recall correctly that an "SD" sleeve diamond with a cord border around it indicated membership, past or present, in the Gestapo?

Comment

Bill.

That's a widely accepted theory, but I've never seen any regulations to back it up. Some well-known personalities like Heydrich sometimes wore the diamond with the border, and sometimes without. Officers wore it with and without. So did enlisted men.

It could even be that the diamond with border was originally meant only for the black tunic (to give an outline).

Kind of like the fire service 'police' helmet decal with silver border so the outline showed up better on the dark blue fire steel helmet.

Regards,

Robin.

Comment

Should it be worht (probaly grammatical fault ) buying it?

Thanks,
                      Junior.

Comment

Its true....
                        Originally posted by panzerzacker
                        I noticed Junior is in Belgium...if he's a native and a German speaker "When" would probably be the closest to "wenn" which means "if". On the other hand, I'm probably just making an enormous fool out of myself by trying to analyze a tiny mistake.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X