Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tropical SS Boots

Hello,
    Does anyone own a pair of these? Comments please.
    Thank you, Peter
    Attached Files

Tropical SS Boots

ii
    Attached Files

Comment

Tropical SS Boots

iii
      Attached Files

Comment

Tropical SS Boots

iiii
        Attached Files

Comment

Tropical SS Boots

iiiii
          Attached Files

Comment

Would these boots be for an officer?, as I noticed a lack of hobnails.
            They look pretty lightweight for combat boots.
            Nice design though, very stylish.

Jack

Comment

Boots

Originally posted by Jack Duha View Post
              Would these boots be for an officer?, as I noticed a lack of hobnails.
              They look pretty lightweight for combat boots.
              Nice design though, very stylish.

Jack
              I would say officer boots Jack.

Comment

marking struggles

Comment

Boots

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                  marking struggles
                  Marking Struggles? How are real SS tropical boots marked? It is my understanding that these cannot be anything else. See the Wehrmacht uniforms forum next door above.

Comment

aren't they offered out in NJ? I don't expect such a marking in 41, nor does it look right to me. Reminds me much about the VA 101 markings ... my 5 cents.
                    When was demand for tropical boots in the SS, still when the VA was in charged? I doubt it.

Comment

Boots

aren't they offered out in NJ? I don't expect such a marking in 41, nor does it look right to me. Reminds me much about the VA 101 markings ... my 5 cents.
                      NJ, Where? Who? Let me know so I can check that out before I commit to these. If that's the case, there has to be more than just this one pair. I hope that is revealed here if it is true. I couldn't image that anyone would gear up to cobble one set of boots together, plus make the stamps, etc..........and after all that, use the wrong marking???

Comment

Va

When was demand for tropical boots in the SS, still when the VA was in charged? I doubt it.
                        The offices Verwaltung und Wirtschaft and Haushalt und Bauten were united and called SS - Wirtschafts- und Verwaltungshauptamt (WVHA) on 1 February 1942.

Comment

<table class="cartItems" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>05650286</td> <td>III REICH WAFFEN "SS" FULL LENGTH TROPICAL CAVALRY? BOOTS AS WORN IN THE BALKENS, APPROX SIZE 10/11, 17" HIGH BOOTS ARE OF LIGHT KHAKI CANVAS AND BROWN LEATHER CONSTRUCTION, HAS 3/4" WIDE LEATHER REINFORCING STRAP UP THE FRONT AND BACK WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE EYELETS AT TOP REAR OF BOOT, WOOD PEGGED LEATHER SOLES ARE STAMPED "SS" IN CIRCLE WITH "VA-103/41" (SS IN CIRCLE WAS XX'ED OUT WHEN REISSUED), "VA 103/41 SS" INK STAMP IN TOP IS STILL INTACT, HAS SPUR KNOB IN BACK OF BOOT, SOME OF THE KHAKI MATERIAL HAS WHAT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN SPLASHED WITH A BLEACH LIKE SUBSTANCE, BOOTS JUST SHOW MINIMAL WEAR, BOOTS CAME OUT OF CZ ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO, EXCELLENT/MINT CONDITION OTHERWISE, A VERY RARE PAIR OF BOOTS
                          </td> <td>
                          </td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

<table class="cartItems" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>05650286</td> <td>III REICH WAFFEN "SS" FULL LENGTH TROPICAL CAVALRY? BOOTS AS WORN IN THE BALKENS, APPROX SIZE 10/11, 17" HIGH BOOTS ARE OF LIGHT KHAKI CANVAS AND BROWN LEATHER CONSTRUCTION, HAS 3/4" WIDE LEATHER REINFORCING STRAP UP THE FRONT AND BACK WITH 4 ADJUSTABLE EYELETS AT TOP REAR OF BOOT, WOOD PEGGED LEATHER SOLES ARE STAMPED "SS" IN CIRCLE WITH "VA-103/41" (SS IN CIRCLE WAS XX'ED OUT WHEN REISSUED), "VA 103/41 SS" INK STAMP IN TOP IS STILL INTACT, HAS SPUR KNOB IN BACK OF BOOT, SOME OF THE KHAKI MATERIAL HAS WHAT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN SPLASHED WITH A BLEACH LIKE SUBSTANCE, BOOTS JUST SHOW MINIMAL WEAR, BOOTS CAME OUT OF CZ ABOUT 20 YEARS AGO, EXCELLENT/MINT CONDITION OTHERWISE, A VERY RARE PAIR OF BOOTS
                            </td> <td>
                            </td></tr></tbody></table>
                            Nothing here saying they are copies. Interesting about the SS mark being scratched out on those. Makes sense for reissue.

Comment

In Wear

Here is a follow-up shot of the tropical boots in wear during the period. The photo is in Beavers book on Uniforms of the Waffen SS , volume 2 page 567. Thanks for your help Paul.
                              Peter
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X