Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare SSVT tunic illusion...or

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...9&highlight=SD

Somebody try and tell me these are not the exact same tunic rebadged and being resold by a dealer who bought it from the collector as a different tunic.

https://www.weitze.net/detail/54/SS_...r__149454.html

I was PMed by the collector who sold the tunic to the dealer as an SD tunic and before he has been paid by the dealer it re-appears as a Der Fuhrer regiment VT tunic at a ridiculously exhorbitant price.

My apologies to the collector because he is yet to receive his money from the dealer but I think in this case he has no choice but to pay him. The Sleeve eagle is the telling part they are an exact match and even a small blemish below each eagle can be clearly seen under the wing.

I have talked about this kind of thing for many years now and Im sure people whill chime in and say "oh im sure he has an explination he is one of the best dealers". I'd love to hear the explination for this because this change of insignias took place in his hands. When I bought a rebadged tunic from him he was able to claim he didn't know it was because he bought it that way and everyone defended him on that.

This kind of trickery has me boiling inside there are others who do the same and then offer the items as "untouched' at super high prices without disclosing that they refurbished it as something it never was.
    Last edited by John Pic; 11-10-2010, 08:48 AM.

When you compare the close-up photos of the eagles it is obvious. Very interesting.
    http://griffinmilitaria.com/

sigpic

Comment

No question, same tunic.. For the bargain price of $12,413.90
      Last edited by M B CHISHOLM; 11-10-2010, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Well spotted John, interesting!

Comment

Very interesting

Comment

Oh I didnt spot it the collector PMed me and shared his dismay..unfortunately people do not like comfrontation but this is too important and needs to be discussed...especially if you are serious about colecting SS uniforms.
            But it is easy to see they are one and the same uniform.

Comment

Very good eye,cant wait to hear the UMM "explaination"!!HONESTLY how can anyone in their right mind trust this dealer again??and such a well known one!!Lets please look into this!!

Comment

Yep, 2 stitches into the head exactly the same ..... well spotted John.

Ian

Comment

Tunic

Aside from the switching of insignia, I would guess if you add up the cost of the tunic and the insignia the 9000Euro price is not a bad price. That is a very rare tunic by itself. At least it is not $20-30K like the tunics John Pic usually complains about. Now 9000euros is a problem too? Why? That is probably a starting price. Maybe 7500 would be the actually selling price.

Comment

You would say something like that...the price has nothing to do with it ...the fact that it is not mentioned in the description that it is rebadged does...but from you I expect the kind of logic you display here. It almost seems that your sole purpose on this forum is to convince people that this type of thing is O.k. and no big deal.

Comment

Interesting take Peter ... attack John for attacking a humped up tunic

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        You would say something like that...the price has nothing to do with it ...the fact that it is not mentioned in the description that it is rebadged does...but from you I expect the kind of logic you display here. It almost seems that your sole purpose on this forum is to convince people that this type of thing is O.k. and no big deal.
                        John, get off the personal attack wagon! The fact is, the actually selling price of the piece is not out of purportion to the value of the parts. Also, do you have proof that Weitze knew of the switching? Maybe I missed that somehow.

Comment

Ok Peter..obviously you are trying to derail the thread..not surprising.But you came in attacking me .

READ what I wrote Peter.... 1.COLLECTOR SENDS DEALER A TUNIC.
                          2. While in DEALERS hands the insignias change.
                          3. Collector who sent tunic to dealer as an SD tunic PMs Me to tell me what was going on.

WHAT ABOUT THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ???? DO I NEED PROOF? oh no wait I see your logic MAYBE the dealer sent it out to be rebadged and in that sense no he didnt do it himself.

Comment

Oh Ya , there are NO doubts to be entertained, you busted him good!

B. N. Singer

Comment

Schneider

Well, I see the Sewing at Weitze's Shop is Top Notch. Much better than the previous put-together Job. I would be horrified and mortified by this turn of events, but so much of this goes on it's almost commonplace.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X