Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death's Head

Greetings Fellows,
    I picked this cap up today from a local vet along with a WWII German artilery NCO visor cap. I was hoping that someone could tell me something about this.
    I have posted it in the Imperial Forum, but I was hoping that someone here might be able to tell me something about the Death's Head and maybe a little about this cap.
    Thanks
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentimage --><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET>
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

A Close View

Here is a close up of the skull and the cockade. I dont know much about this stuff, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the cockade is not orriginal. But, I will let you guys give me your opinions about that.
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Images</LEGEND><TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 border=0><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_attachmentimage --><TBODY></TBODY></TABLE></FIELDSET>
    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
    All the best,
    Chris

Comment

I think Robin will probably be able to tell you more about this, to me looks like there is a cockade missing,
      cheers,
      Gary

Comment

This has been posted and reposted in almost every area on the forum?

Comment

The cockade is original - as worn by Prussian non-commissioned ranks on their muetzen.

There is a cockade missing from the top - probably the red/white/black national cockade.

The totenkopf looks OK but the picture is not enough to make a definitive judgement. You'd need to remove it for a look at the back, and that's always fraught with danger,

As for the cap itself - looks like a peaked cap with the peak removed.

I think what this is is a 'tampered with' old cap made to look like something used by the Iron Division.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X