SS Officers boards waffenfarbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officers boards waffenfarbe

Can anyone please give me an opinion on these shoulder boards.
    What color waffenfarbe is this supposed to be?
    Do they appear original?
    Thanks
    Attached Files

They look the weinrot of Nebel Troops. Of course, I have seen Vetenary Troops waffenfarb that looked almost the same color when showing age and wear.

Bob Hritz
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

My first thought was possible "Horse Doctor" for the SS Main Riding School . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
        They look the weinrot of Nebel Troops. Of course, I have seen Vetenary Troops waffenfarb that looked almost the same color when showing age and wear.

Bob Hritz
        Bob, Would that be the same color as for Hauptamt SS-Gericht? I have a named
        tunic that needs boards for a member of that branch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
          Bob, Would that be the same color as for Hauptamt SS-Gericht? I have a named
          tunic that needs boards for a member of that branch.
          To me, that would call for a color indicative of a "Judicial" branch within the SS . . . and correct me if I am wrong, but that would be a "bordeauxrot" farbe . . . as I see the photos on my screen at home, these look much closer to a "karmesinrot" colored farbe for Veterinary troops to me. Of course, in time, I'm certain each of these colors can become quite subjective on authentic boards - left open to multiple interpretations by the respective viewer.

If you truly need a set of boards for a member of the Judicial branch of the SS, why not accept these as so? That branch, and it's respective color of (waffen)farbe is so obscure, who do you think could definitively argue against it?

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
            Would that be for Hauptamt SS-Gericht? I have a named tunic that needs boards for a member of that branch.
            Sorry - just have to ask: you wouldn't be a Konrad Morgen fan, would you?

Comment

Originally posted by N.C. Wyeth View Post
              Sorry - just have to ask: you wouldn't be a Konrad Morgen fan, would you?
              I had to search the threads for Konrad Morgen , thats an interesting story.

This is the reason I am looking for the proper color boards. See this thread for the tunic I would like to restore.

You have to read the whole thread. The tunic was originally found stripped of insignia except for the rank tab.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...iesbach&page=1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X