No announcement yet.

gold ss metal eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, the outspread wings looks like an SS eagle, but they were known to have a dislike for gold. That's kind of contradictory - to have the eagle stylised in the SS insignia and then gilt in gold?

Mil

Comment

Album cover Helmets and Eagles normally are attached to the cover with flat prongs, This reminds me a lot of Army eagles and devices I have seen mounted on wood plaques for shooting prizes and things like that.

Comment

The eagle never had the silver plating applied...you are looking at the base metal not a gold plated-eagle, these are unfinshed flat blanks, for what use who knows, perhaps albums as suggested..

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
          The eagle never had the silver plating applied...you are looking at the base metal not a gold plated-eagle, these are unfinshed flat blanks, for what use who knows, perhaps albums as suggested..
          Exactly

Tom

Comment

Album Cover?

Has anyone ever seen one of these album covers? Even one? Not me

Comment

I think you guys are right about an unfinished eagle, and it definately looks like an SS bird.
              I would also think it would need tabs for attatchment for whatever attatchment, I do not know.
              It was supposed to be in today along with about 11 other items from
              the same person... from an estate... Post office has really sucked the past 2 weeks. Guaranteed overnight, well it's not here.

Comment

Here is mine..also a vet-estate pickup-the piece is brighter than in the dark photo-
                Attached Files

Comment

Gold eagles.

I go along with the theory that these are just unfinished, and awaiting the silver process, I believe silver was the SS colour for a reason, in that it represented purity, gold was regarded as being tainted and a sign of the Jew in SS mythology.

(The fact that Dietrich elected, to wear gold badges. in immitation of Army generals ranks, was a one off allowed to him because of his special position with Hitler.)

Peter.
                  http://www.ssbw.co.uk

Comment

Mine is somewhat different, especially around the head. It came in a grouping apparently taken from a Deschler factory. All marked items had some form of Deschler marking. The lot included several unfinished pieces: HJ distinguished foreigner eagle (unfinished brass), a planchet for one of the flower wars medals, the back part of a party long service cross (unfinished Zn), etc.

Al

Comment

Most of the items that came with my birdie were Deschler marked also, whether if it means anything or not determining who produced it...
                      I don't know

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X