• Show
Clear All

HELP on SS cloth IX

Sleve diamonds 1a
    Attached Files

1b
    Attached Files

Comment

2a some of the patches on this picture are not from the same sourse as all the other posts. Some look suspicious to me but of course I have not the first idea what I'm talking abouth.
      Attached Files

Comment

2b. What is the farmer? one for?? (botom left)
        Attached Files

Comment

Marc,on your first picture you've got 2 imposters ! Kick those 2 NSKK drivers rautes out...nice as they are...they're ruining the view

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley
            Marc,on your first picture you've got 2 imposters ! Kick those 2 NSKK drivers rautes out...nice as they are...they're ruining the view

Ian.
            Hi Ian, thanks for the coment I know these two are NSKK but are all the others original?
            Marc

Comment

OK Marc,I now have my reference to hand...
              plate 1a top left - bottom right

1. & 9.Medical & Dentistry Officers
              2.Medical Personnel
              3.Drivers ?
              4.NSKK Driver Type 2
              5.Former Member of Ordnungs Polizei
              6.NSKK Driver Type 1
              7.Legal Branch Officers
              8. & 10. Signals Personnel (10. upside down)

Plate 2a

1.Former HJ Member
              2.Head Office (Replacement,Procurement & Training) (upside down)
              3.Ordnance NCO
              4.Head Office (Economic & Admin.Building Affairs Group)
              5.Farrier Personnel (upside down)
              6.Medical Personnel
              7.Sicherheitsdienst (Security Service) Personnel
              8.Veterinary Personnel
              9.Transport Sergeants
              10.Reichskommisariat for Strengthening German Nationality (Staff Head Office)
              11.Economic Management Group (Economic & Admin. Head Office)

source:- Uniforms,Organisation & History of the Waffen SS (Bender & Taylor) Vol.1

I would bow to my superiors as to the originality,but the main motherlode you acquired seem perfect,containing many rare treasures,so I would say they would be original by association...most (if not all) of these rautes have been reproduced...many very poorly..but of the separate acquisitions I would blacklight (U.V.) test them and burn test a fibre and if they pass that I'd be happy enough to accept them as original.

Hope this helps,

Ian Hulley

Comment

Hello Ian and thank you for the identification and the time you put into doing this.

Can someone give me a few titles of the best books on the subject?? (SS cloth, cuff’s) ?

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc, I would say Angolia's SS cloth insignia book is a must although it is out of print, you can pick up copies here on the E Stand once in a while or via E Bay. Andrew Mollo's multi volume set on SS uniforms and insignia is another must. Once again out of print but these do show up.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Thank you, no problem for the Bender books but I will have to look for the ones from Mollo. If you know any for sale.....??
                    Marc

Comment

Hi Marc, I do see the odd copy for sale at "cheap" bookshops, the type of shops that sell surplus stock from other shops. They never have the full set. I will see if they have any in stock for you.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Marc,

The book you must have is "German Military Cuffbands" from Gordon Williamson & Thomas McGuirl. It is also from bender publishing.

Just sent you an email...

cheers
                        Bart

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X