No announcement yet.

HELP on SS cloth Armbands VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See if he is on the member's list. He has pictures of the RAZD, but how many and of what, I don't know.
    Tim
    Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
    Do any of the pictures show this armband in use?

Comment

This type of armband is not shown with any photograph I have. They do wear another type of armband, dark and smaller.
      If the armband, as the yellow one, indeed was worn then not by regular RAZ members, but by auxiliaries. But I have no evidence for them in photographs, actually worn. Sorry!
      Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-04-2014, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Ulrich of England also had an overseas hat, about 100 numbers later/earlier than mine. He may have an armband or pictures.
        Tim

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
          This type of armband is not shown with any photograph I have. They do wear another type of armband, dark and smaller.
          If the armband, as the yellow one, indeed was worn then not by regular RAZ members, but by auxiliaries. But I have no evidence for them in photographs, actually worn. Sorry!
          Would you be able to post this photo? I could as well as others use it for reference....

Comment

No, I can't post photographs here! Further I am only allowed to use them for a publishing (book or article) and I know (some of) the German archives are checking forums. I thought mr. Alexander has such a cuff. Maybe he is willing to post....
            The wearing of such a small black cuffband is shown in volume 3 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany", page 467 and with volume 4 with page 465. The silvered cuffband is shown with page 467 and 469.

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
              No, I can't post photographs here! Further I am only allowed to use them for a publishing (book or article) and I know (some of) the German archives are checking forums. I thought mr. Alexander has such a cuff. Maybe he is willing to post....
              The wearing of such a small black cuffband is shown in volume 3 from "Headgear of Hitler's Germany", page 467 and with volume 4 with page 465. The silvered cuffband is shown with page 467 and 469.
              http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=reichsautozug

This one? Didn't realize you weren't allowed to post photos. Missed that in the earlier post

Comment

It's a cufftitle as oppsed to an armband.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by codytrcollector View Post
                  Incorrect; such is a theory based upon absolutely no period facts/documentations. In fact, no evidence has come to light as of yet regarding said armbands and although there are a few very plausible theories, the mantel not being one in my personal opinion, one can't be sure.
                  That said, Bob Coleman has a theory I believe in which he voices often, but due to it being based upon only his opinion I will leave it unsaid as it is only speculation and would only further add to the confusion.
                  Search this forum for "stripeless ss armbands". No one knows for certain why these armbands do not have the stripes. They are definitely SS because a large quantity were found in the SS Dachau clothing depot, some with cloth RFSS RZM tags and some with paper. The mantel theory was caused by a misprint in Jack Pia's books. No one has ever found a period photograph of them in wear or any document referring to SS armbands without stripes.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                    Search this forum for "stripeless ss armbands". No one knows for certain why these armbands do not have the stripes. They are definitely SS because a large quantity were found in the SS Dachau clothing depot, some with cloth RFSS RZM tags and some with paper. The mantel theory was caused by a misprint in Jack Pia's books. No one has ever found a period photograph of them in wear or any document referring to SS armbands without stripes.
                    It's not like you can as there isn't any photos the inside of an armband....

Comment

Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                      It's not like you can as there isn't any photos the inside of an armband....
                      Ummm... The stripes are on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                        Ummm... The stripes are on the outside.
                        I though you meant with the NSDAP armband with the SS tags

Comment

He did,think hes confused.

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
                            He did,think hes confused.
                            Clarification: No one has found a period photo of the SS wearing an armband that was (conclusively) without black stripes. With the black mantel, sometimes the stripes are difficult to see. All SS documentation regarding armbands says they must have stripes. I expect the stripeless SS armbands will remain an enigma.

Comment

"definitely SS because a large quantity were found in the SS Dachau clothing depot, some with cloth RFSS RZM tags and some with paper"

I am sure that someone has already said it but I'll say it again......or rather advance the theory again.....they had had the RZM tag put on and were waiting to go thru the process of having the stripes sewn on and hadn't gotten around to it when the war ended.....??????

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                                "definitely SS because a large quantity were found in the SS Dachau clothing depot, some with cloth RFSS RZM tags and some with paper"

I am sure that someone has already said it but I'll say it again......or rather advance the theory again.....they had had the RZM tag put on and were waiting to go thru the process of having the stripes sewn on and hadn't gotten around to it when the war ended.....??????
                                Why would there be armbands from as early as 1935 that they hadn't "gotten around to" when there many made much later that they had gotten around to? Why send them to the Dachau clothing depot? The depot was for storage/distribution of finished products -- not manufacturing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X