HELP on SS cloth Armbands VII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc,

All look fine to me. the Reichsautozeug is a very rare armband and only one of 3 that I have seen in over 35 years.

The gray borders are SA reserve.

The Kampfzeit armband in photo 4a is wonderful.

I have had several vet acquired party form armbands with the D code paper RZM tags. Only can think the tags were misued. Tags are only a tax proof receipt and no manufacturer or seller would throw them away. Better to use them than buy more!

All in all, you are doing exceptionally well.

Best regards,
    Bob
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hi Guys, Thanks for the info.

I’m in Belgium now and used the black light on all the stuff I bought from the vet. Nothing glows; everything is as dead as posible. Not familiar with the “burning” procedure and a little hesitant to put a blowtorch against the stuff. I guess if it smells and meld like nylon its bad. I know that much…

Here some close up pictures of the items discussed. The first one is “chain”?? Embroidered on the armband, the white circle is indeed one piece with the red band and the swastika, white circle border and black band applied.

It the yellow band is “fantasia” it has been done loooooooong time ago… I don’t know much about cloth items but still enough to see the difference in old patina and fake patina. (I used to collect uniforms in the good old days, remember)

Wish I could send better pictures but the site don’t allow me to use the full capacity of my photo material.

Marc
      Attached Files

Comment

"chain" enbroder
        Attached Files

Comment

Yelow
          Attached Files

Comment

old patina on eagle, moth holes and use on band
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
              Marc,
              The Kampfzeit armband in photo 4a is wonderful.
              Bob
              Left or right??
              Marc

Comment

Marc,

I was referring to the chain stitched early SS armband. A wonderful piece.

You need only to be happy that you have an original Reichsautozeug armband. It is one of the 3 existant examples I know of, formerly only 2 originals!

Of course, I need one piece of your insignia badly, but that is what collecting is about: the search!

Conrgatulations, again, on a wonderful find!!!!

Bob Hritz
                In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz
                  Marc,

I was referring to the chain stitched early SS armband. A wonderful piece.

You need only to be happy that you have an original Reichsautozeug armband. It is one of the 3 existant examples I know of, formerly only 2 originals!

Of course, I need one piece of your insignia badly, but that is what collecting is about: the search!

Conrgatulations, again, on a wonderful find!!!!

Bob Hritz
                  was not the ss armband without the stripes for use on the ss mantel,or great coat?

Comment

Are these Reichsautozeug armbands still accepted today?

Comment

I have the RAZD cufftitle, armband and overseas hat. I will post a link to the thread when I get home.
                      Tim
                      Originally posted by kyles bullets View Post
                      Are these Reichsautozeug armbands still accepted today?

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                        I have the RAZD cufftitle, armband and overseas hat. I will post a link to the thread when I get home.
                        Tim
                        http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=555590

Comment

Thanks for the link. There is some good information in this thread and these armbands are then definitely old and did exist. One of my favorite armbands. I asked because a thread a few years ago said that these were fake and that they never existed....

Comment

Originally posted by CurtD View Post
                            3) Angolia has a picture of the eagle armband in #1 and describes it as a motor competition armband. However, this is not universally accepted and many believe it is a fantasy item. Does anyone have a period picture of this armband in use?
                            I really wonder where he came up with this theory. If you want to know all about this organization, then W. Saris is the man. He has all of the information concerning the RAZD, including pictures.
                            Tim

Comment

Originally posted by TP Alexander View Post
                              I really wonder where he came up with this theory. If you want to know all about this organization, then W. Saris is the man. He has all of the information concerning the RAZD, including pictures.
                              Tim
                              Do any of the pictures show this armband in use?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug Kenwright View Post
                                was not the ss armband without the stripes for use on the ss mantel,or great coat?

Incorrect; such is a theory based upon absolutely no period facts/documentations. In fact, no evidence has come to light as of yet regarding said armbands and although there are a few very plausible theories, the mantel not being one in my personal opinion, one can't be sure.
                                That said, Bob Coleman has a theory I believe in which he voices often, but due to it being based upon only his opinion I will leave it unsaid as it is only speculation and would only further add to the confusion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X