SS Panzer Cap badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Panzer Cap badge

Hi guys, I don't know anything about insignia (yet) so forgive me if this is a crappy repro...

trap

yes bad repro!

Comment

ok, thanks

Comment

How about these?

Comment

Also reproductions!
          Best, Chris

Comment

OK, any chance you guys can point out the obvious signs of what's wrong for me? (and for other novice collectors like me)

How about these two? sorry for the bad photo.

Comment

Hi Ben!

I know those are reproductions because of the way they look.
              I have seen them too many times.
              Those pieces were made from newly made dies and every part of them are totally different from originals. The skull on the first hat would be marked "SS 380/40" and that is a well known fake, (with an incorrect marking).
              The second set that you posted are absolutely hideous looking, die struck reproductions. Best, Chris

Comment

Oh,If only they were all this easy to spot !! The last ones you posted are truly lovely,normally I have to wait for Chris.The eagles head is POOR and the definition of the rest of the body is too 'coarse' does that make sense ? The skull has an artificially evil look to it,almost as if it's scowling at you ...the originals just have a neutral,well...'dead' look.
                Of course you'll always get some crank who'll argue the toss with you and tell you they were locally made Estonian/Latvian/Lithuanian/Peruvian or whatever volunteer items.
                This type I've seen pinned to card and sometimes with the black,speckled fake ageing applied,as sold on secondhand/flea markets and carboot sales. You know the type he'll usually have a fake Air Crew Europe Star or similar.

Cheers,

Ian Hulley

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X