bigfoot eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bigfoot eagles

Here is the fake known to collectors as bigfoot, it was woven in aluminium wire, white thread and tropical in the first run of this fake.

It has though been copied to my knowledge at least twice more since the first fake.

Does anyone have an example of the white fake?

The eagle on these in the case of the tropical and the white type are woven in cotton, the woven black area around the eagle on all of these 1st type fakes is woven in black cotton.

there is also cotton in the welt, the threads you can pull out of the welt burn

comments?
    cheers,
    Gary
    Attached Files

the back of the officers type
    Attached Files

Comment

the tropical type
      Attached Files

Comment

the rear of the tropical example
        Attached Files

Comment

notice the black weave around the eagle
          Attached Files

Comment

notice on this picture the welt, the silky ebony black threads are the threads that do not unravel, the purple/black threads are the cotton based threads that you can pull out
            Attached Files

Comment

here is a shot of the officers type woven area around the eagle
              Attached Files

Comment

Gary I am assuming that those are the newer fakes as the old ones had the stringy loose white threads in back if I remember correctly.The ones you show I still see being sold in large rolls.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic
                  Gary I am assuming that those are the newer fakes as the old ones had the stringy loose white threads in back if I remember correctly.The ones you show I still see being sold in large rolls.
                  John,
                  i do not exactly know what you mean about stingy loos thread do you mean like this? although this example is not a bigfoot
                  cheers,
                  Gary
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yes I have seen the Bigfoots like that years ago and they changed to the type you show using a better weave method.

Comment

I also like to call these the "narrow chest" fakes. Does anybody know if fakes other than the "bigfoot eagle" have the narrow chests?

Comment

I have seen the Bigfoots like that years ago and they changed to the type you show using a better weave method.

John,
                        The first type "bigfoot" back's are as the examples I have posted at the start of this thread,
                        cheers,
                        gary

PS would like to ask if any of you have the white type of the bigfoot in your fake box to post pictures please, also would like to see the later fakes of this type of eagle if anyone can provide pictures of them N.M. in england sold one style of the later type, anyone have examples of them?

Comment

Then these were around since the early 70s I presume.The type I have handled with the fuzz on back were since it was one on my first blunders.

Comment

John,

I remember the bigfoot eagles in the early 70's, then they were being sold as real, by that I mean they were not offered on fake sales cat. for fake prices.

cheers,
                            Gary

Comment

One good one bad??
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X