• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleeve diamond patch

[ATTACH]1591441[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1591442[/ATTACH]

Hi
    I would appreciate it if you can take a look at this SS diamond patch . Your opinoins are greatly appreciated!
    Thank you

HG TABS 2265.jpg

HG TABS 2266.jpg

Comment

Comment

Well, first of all, that is an SA symbol and not SS.
        You would get more opinions in the political forum.

Based on what I see, from the style of shiny embroidery and construction, I am not too keen on the diamond. Could be wrong though, as SA is not my field.

Best wishes,
        Felix

Comment

Thanks Felix

Comment

Looks like a was a bit too fast. Checking it up there is information in Angolias SS cloth insignia on p 212. Seems like some former SA member who signed up for TV was issued this kind of arm diamond.

This is really not my field.

I hope others will help you further.

Cheers,
            Felix

Comment

Hi
              I hope this help
              HG TABS 2305.jpg

HG TABS 2307.jpg

Comment

Hi, anymore opinions

Comment

Comment

Ehmaliger

It is for a former member of the SA serving with Totenkopf. And this is not an example I am comfortable with, very rare imo.

Comment

SA Diamond

Jozef,

I am new to the forum, but not new to TR collecting. My opinion is to pass on this one unless it is cheap and you want it for a filler. Other opinions, please?

Original examples of this diamond are exceedingly rare. I do not have an original example, but my reference archeives contain a Xerox copy of an original in an older advanced collection. I can't tell if it is bullion or cord construction, but it certainly is not machine embroidered thread. The design of the SA runes is slightly different from yours. The 3 points of the runes and the arrowhead do not reach the outer edge of the circle. They end 1 to 2 mm from it. The line drawing in Angolia's SS Cloth shows the left side of the "SA" compressed as opposed to normal SA runes, say on a dagger grip button. This design follows the Angolia pattern, rather than a sport shirt patch or a grip button. Also, it is folded over a buckram stiffener rather than being left with a raw edge.

The quality of workmanship on yours is not completely up to snuff, but the seamstress could have been having a very bad day. The ends of the individual threads do not form a perfectly smooth line and are not drawn particularly tight over the paper pattern. I would prefer to see a darker backing. Most SS diamonds manufactured like this have a black or charcoal backing, but this is certainly not universal and varies from diamond.

Bottom line: I believe it to be a reproduction copied from the drawing in Angolia's S Cloth.

Alen Davidson

Comment

Wild Guess

Your xerox copy is the same as mine and it is cord construction. I wish I had an original of this Diamond to show. In addition I agree with you about the backing.
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 12-06-2010, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Xerox Ducati

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X