SS-Oberführer Heinrich Fehlis tunic !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ryanww2 View Post
    Hi I was looking round and saw his photo is this the same guy at the top right
    Hi.

The photo you show is taken when Heydrich was visiting Oslo in September 1941.
    Fehlis is shown in one of his gabardin uniforms.

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Olav Holden View Post
      This is indeed a superb tunic, with a great story, Congratulations!!!

Didn't Fehlis end his life in "Hitler style"?

Hi Jon-Olav.

Yes correct.

A group of 75 Gestapo and SD men changed to Gebirgsjäger uniforms and moved to a camp near Porsgrunn. The British heard about this, because a young guy working in the camp saw SD uniforms taken of the men and burned on a fire in the middle of the camp. Many of the men were drunk. The British troops came and encircled the camp 11th of May 1945. Fehlis shot himself with a 7,65 cal. pistol. (This pistol exist today).

Derek
      Last edited by DeMil; 08-17-2010, 11:42 AM.

Comment

WOW fantastic, great provenance. Does not get any better than that!
        Congrats!

My brother owns a SD greatcoat (mantel) taken by his father-in-law (similar story, also a resistance fighter)
        from a SD headquarters building in The Hague Holland in 1945...along with a tunic and visor if I remember corectly.
        Unfortunately those disappeared when they were borrowed for a theatre play shortly after the war. A shame!
        This stuff was not worth much in those days! The great coat stayed in the family all those years...

CAN WE SEE A PICTURE OF THE TUNIC BUTTONED UP?

Comment

Hi Nick.

Personal I think this is the most important uniform that exist and survived the war here in Norway...

Derek
          Attached Files

Comment

I have also tried to reconstruct from the original picture.

Derek
            Attached Files

Comment

Reconstruct.
              Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, thanks for posting

Comment

Excellent tunic indeed!

Comment

Hello Derek,

Congratulations on your uniform! What is the piping color? I'm not quite sure from the photos so I thought it better to ask.

Did it happen to have a name tag in it? If it did and you don't want to show it that's cool. Thanks for showing us this rare piece.

Your reward offer is to generous...but it may spur someone to really dig deep for that photo.

Richard

Comment

Hi Richard.

I have tried to find a photo of Fehlis in this field uniform for years.
                      It must eater be from his battle service in the Balkans in 1942 or in the winter in Norway. The only picture I have found is the uniform under his great coat taken in February 1945.
                      The piping color is for "Feldgendarmerie".
                      There has never been a nametag inside the uniform.

Regards
                      Derek.

Comment

One unique history and good looking tunic! Belongs in a ssuper collection at your place my friend. Good luck finding more period pictures.

By the way...I know who got Fehlis´ss visor...
                        Best reg.
                        Gisle

Comment

well, after a while you might still find such photo's

i bought a year ago an sd tunic belonging to a certain F.Neubacher, a dutch sd sturmscharfuhrer. Read a lot about him on the internet, but couldn't find a photo of him.

untill yesterday, i was at my local militarystuff dealer, who asked if i had seen a recent book of the sd in holland (almelo and nearby), i got the book in my hands and my tunic was in it!

but anyway, good luck finding your photo

Comment

An important piece of Norwegian occupation history, may it never leave the country.
                            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

No luck yet finding an image of that uniform...
                              I believe this is him (arrow) with Quisling and Terboven...
                              (gabardine fine wool open neck tunic...)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                                No luck yet finding an image of that uniform...
                                I believe this is him (arrow) with Quisling and Terboven...
                                (gabardine fine wool open neck tunic...)
                                That's a great photo Nick!

The only man missing is Generaloberst Von Falkenhorst

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X