Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS- Galizien BEVO Shield

Friends & Collectors,
    I would like to have some opinions on this SS-Galizien BEVO shield, all comments are welkomes.

Lorenz
    Attached Files

Well an incredibly rare uniform if real. I doubt many original 14th division uniforms exist. I would pretty much trade my entire collection to get a legit one I kinda like the shield, but hard to tell from just that small photo. Does not look like the typical bevo construction though, but maybe a different producer. Is it constructed on multiple backings, it looks puffy, like it was sewn over another shield...or black wool base. Some other guys who have a bunch of different variations may know more about this type of shield.

Comment

Everything looks legitimate, a variation on the black baking, incredible find! Can we ask you to post the whole tunic?

Comment

I like the shield and agree with galizien41 comments. I would also like to see more pictures how about showing the whole tunic?

Rene Chavez
        http://axis101.bizland.com

Comment

P.S. The shield looks puffy because someone stitched another line along the yellow rim of the shield, so although it looks like multiple construction, its actually standard bevo type. I really like how worn it looks

Comment

Attached are photos of the two patterns of BeVo Galacian sleeve shields.

Bob Hritz
            Attached Files
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Lorenz,

I think you may have found a gem!

Bob Hritz
              In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

hello,
                The tunic was found in this condition, untouched, in the red cross bags, in Prato ( Italy) in the early '80, where were collecting them for the recycling wool and cotton.
                It 's a m43 tunic, made by Betr.Ra and adapted for a medical Officer member of the Galizien division.
                It belong from a Friend of mine and this is the tunic history he told me.
                IMO really a nice tunic.
                All comments are welcomes.

Lorenz
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Lorenz; 07-27-2010, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Well I am a believer of the rag finds...Amazing items have come through there over the years.
                              The tunic to me looks totally believable and logical. Enlisted upgraded tunic that was custom tailored, and just let the original eagle stay on it instead of upgrading. And I could see a Ukrainian officer doing this as they did not have that much money and would not care about an officer eagle on it really.
                              well if it ever parts your hands please let me know!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X