Einsatzgruppen stick pin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sergeant 08 View Post
    Similar skull stick pins were made in a very good quality (for example for veterans from Brunswick regiments and other use) since Imperial times.

The one that was posted here, looks like a fake stick pin.

PS: It has no special relation to the Wehrwolf.
    Sergeant 08, do you happen to have one?
    i'd love to get my hands on one

Comment

Originally posted by maestro View Post
      Sergeant 08, do you happen to have one?
      i'd love to get my hands on one
      The last skull stick pin, which I had for sale on e-stand, was from the Totenkopf Wehrmacht Infanterie Regiment 17.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow View Post
        Fair enough Ian you're probably right, I didn't pay much for it as there was no way to know what it actually was, just an interesting story - as far as the Einsatzgruppen and the Police Battalions were concerned they were actually very proud of what they were doing and considered that they were doing their patriotic duty for the Fatherland and playing their part in the war - it is well documented that a lot of them bragged about it openly with friends and family and circulated photos of the massacres and killings even though officially they weren't supposed to. By the way very few of the Police Battalion soldiers were actually Nazis and an even smaller number belonged to the SS.

regards
        Martin
        Sure, but also some cracked and had to be reassigned while some others drank heavily. I seem to recall that Himmler had to give a "pep" talk to steel these men.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
        X