Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field shirts used by the Waffen SS

Hi

I have a question; How common was it for the regular front soldiers in 1943 and onwards to wear a trikot brown shirt with front pockets and collar?

I found a picture on www.slesvigske.dk showing the wear of trikot brown shirts:

The photo is taken during Regiment Danmark's "Bandenkampf" in Croatia in 1943.
    Would the new recruits in summer of 1944 and onwards be issued with the Feldgrau trikot shirts?

On page 641 in Michael D. Beaver's book "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" it says, that the trikot brown shirts were worn under the Feldbluse by all soldiers in the SS. In August 1943 a new shirt (the Feldgrau trikot shirt) was introduced. But the trikot brown shirts must have been used untill the end of the war, since front soldiers in ex. Russia didn't have the time for changing shirts instead of fighting.

Two shirts are shown on page 648 in Michael D. Beaver's book "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS". Does anyone know how common the trikot shirt at the top was?

I appreciate any information or help. Thank you

- Mads

Nice pic.

Looks like a colour piped visor to!

Comment

Originally posted by LDR View Post
      Nice pic.

Looks like a colour piped visor to!
      Infanterie (white) colour would be my guess..

Any comments regarding the shirts, someone?

Comment

The piping on the NCO's peaked cap is not white...

Comment

Agreed, it look dark to me.

Comment

Intersting, they looks like LW style tropical shirts.
            I also have few pictures in my collection, and I can say you they were sure more common than the WSS sahariana, even if if I recall correctly use of insignas on the shirt was against regulations.

Comment

Top left and bottom right appear to be wearing the Grey Trikot shirt. Amazing shot! Love the Sturmabzeichen just pinned to the pocket. Whistle cords chillin! Usually just see the EK1. The campaign ribbon bar is hot as well!

Comment

And an ARMY eagle on the visor cap!! Billbert

Comment

Sleeve eagle

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                  And an ARMY eagle on the visor cap!! Billbert
                  And there are also a sleeve eagle on the s. to the right. Seems as this outfit can go as a standard uni for combat / front use. Dont think this is a proper regulation style of a shirt like that.. BR Thormod

PS: If you check out the www the pic is copied from, you will also see a traditional pic of a troop led by a young ostf - and the humoristic sence of a groop serving the same perpose - the only man in shorts are the ostf making jokes as the picture tell ...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X