Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Marksmanship sleeve diamonds

Hi Guys,
    I noticed someone was asking about a shooters marksman lanyard as being SS.
    So, here are what was used for members of the SS.
    Ofcourse i have to be missing the masters shooters class diamond
    Hope you like.
    Regards,
    Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting to see 3 diamonds made by the same maker, stamped in the same color and fashion, and with a spread of the RZM tags from C-F (and seemingly not following a logic line to the order of complexity) and also have a huge distance in sequence numbers but yet have the same kind of backing "ribbed" cloth.

Comment

I is interesting but what are you saying felix? they look good to me.Are you saying that its suspect?or just strange.

Comment

A very nice selection of original diamonds.

I would expect the C code tag on the lowest grade and the F code tag on the highest grade. Is this how they are tagged?

Of course, the confusion was the code of the tag was a superior letter for higher value of price. Therefore,m the lowest machine embroidered insignia would carry an A tag, more expensive machine embroidered would be a B code tag and the hand embroidered goes from C code tag to a P code tag (the highest I have seen).

I have also seen original items miss-tagged by the makers. I have seen C and D code tags where an F code tag would be normal. The tags were purchased as tax stamps for RZM sales and I wonder if the manufacturers sometimes made mistakes, applying the wrong code tags, or just were tax cheats and got away with it.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post

I would expect the C code tag on the lowest grade and the F code tag on the highest grade. Is this how they are tagged?

Of course, the confusion was the code of the tag was a superior letter for higher value of price. Therefore,m the lowest machine embroidered insignia would carry an A tag, more expensive machine embroidered would be a B code tag and the hand embroidered goes from C code tag to a P code tag (the highest I have seen).

I have also seen original items miss-tagged by the makers. I have seen C and D code tags where an F code tag would be normal. The tags were purchased as tax stamps for RZM sales and I wonder if the manufacturers sometimes made mistakes, applying the wrong code tags, or just were tax cheats and got away with it.

Bob Hritz

???

It may be possible?

yes its very easy say it ...

Comment

Bob Hritz

here I thought since you were talking about tax code mysteries...... well look at this one???
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RUHL13 View Post
                Hi Guys,
                I noticed someone was asking about a shooters marksman lanyard as being SS.
                So, here are what was used for members of the SS.
                Ofcourse i have to be missing the masters shooters class diamond
                Hope you like.
                Regards,
                Gary
                They look well made and I would say original. However I have never seen such a mess with the Rzm tags within the same embroidering company.
                It certainly caught my attention is noteworthy indeed!
                It makes no sense but all is possible and this might be the proof of that.
                Perhaps they had to much schnaps the day before or a new employee got things mixed up.

In my opinion the complexity code system of the Rzm tags are no mystery. It follows a fairly logic trend line of the complexity of the work undertaken. It was there for a purpose because it was all controlled by the Reichszeugmeisterei der NSDAP.

I dont think it is tax cheating and this series of Ärmelräuten might indicate that. Perhaps they are mistakes because some confusion of the understanding of the system. It might alse be the fact that the Reichszeugmeisteri could not cope with the production demand and it went out of control sometimes. SS took over the production control in 1942/43 because the demand was too great.

Here is another Shooters diamond but with a more proper tag, made by the same maker using the same backing material:
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...sleeve+diamond

Gary, it seems like all your diamonds could be from the same vet find. They all have pin holes as they have been pinned to something by a vet? Or perhaps pinned examples shown by the embroidering company in WW2 Germany and taken by a GI. Just some thoughts...

Well, these are just some reflections...

Cheers,
                Felix

Comment

Originally posted by John Macrini View Post
                  here I thought since you were talking about tax code mysteries...... well look at this one???
                  John, thats a nice one! With a tag you expect to see!

Cheers,
                  Felix

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
                    John, thats a nice one! With a tag you expect to see!

Cheers,
                    Felix
                    Thanks. The construction is completely different than the three above..... I wish I could find the other three classes that are made like mine!

Comment

Mine is yet another maker with the D code RZM tag.

Bob Hritz
                      Attached Files
                      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Mine is yet another maker with the D code RZM tag.

Bob Hritz
                        nice one bob! your is superb, very clean! mine looks like its been through ww2 though!

I do not own the book, and have never seen the masters class.... anyone have one? or even a photo of one? or better yet a photo of one in wear?

for that matter can anyone post any photo of this diamond in wear (any class) please. I would love to see that.

Comment

Thanks guys on your replies and showing your nice examples, agree the code system is a bit strange at times, seeing a C where an A should be, etc.
                          Here's the Master Shooters class in Angolia's book, Cloth insignia of the SS.
                          Regards,
                          Gary
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RUHL13 View Post
                            Thanks guys on your replies and showing your nice examples, agree the code system is a bit strange at times, seeing a C where an A should be, etc.
                            Here's the Master Shooters class in Angolia's book, Cloth insignia of the SS.
                            Regards,
                            Gary
                            Thanks for posting that Gary.

Does anyone have a pic of one in wear?

Comment

good luck on that haha!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X