Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning

Be careful of dishonorable sellers who will not inform you that their SS Leithefts have replaced fake covers.

Photo 1: is from WAF member Wolf 100 who gave me permission to use his photo (a long time ago).
    Here is a card stock or thick paper fake cover.
    Attached Files

fake leitheft covers

Photo 2 is my similar fake cover …perhaps silk screened? And may have been made by the one who faked the leitheft in Photo 1
    Attached Files

Comment

more

Photo 3 and 4 :
      Another type of fake cover made out of some type of glossy plastic like photo paper Xerox/scan fake cover.This may actually be an old fake from 10 to 20 years ago.
      Attached Files

Comment

last page

Interestingly they were nice enough to also scan/Xerox the inside contents page in this one.

Also: Except for the fake covers :all three of mine are absolutely authentic TR era pages throughout the actual booklet.
        One tip off is that the ink is white printed on a full black cover....this is not the way most SS leithefts were done, instead they were typical white paper with black ink printed on .

I theorize some of the replacement covers were originally created not 'to fool' but to add a cover that was torn off at end of war or disintegrated over time.
        But , some sellers now do not tell you they are fake covers.

Anyone else have variant type fake covers?
        Attached Files

Comment

The sad thing is, that i´ve bought the first shown Leitheft years ago here on the E-stand for 100€. I can not remember the sellers name.........

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'm sorry that people are being taken by these.

The first two do appear to be silk screened.

Comment

Micheal, thanks for the headsup. This should be pinned under the 'Fake items' thread.

Mil

Comment

Trim

Egad, trim those Nails Michael. Personal Hygiene is paramount.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  toenails and fingernails

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    I stand proudly behind my photo of very clean and strong masculine hands.
                    I presume yours to be buffed and manicured and have polish to accentuate your cigarrette holder.

Comment

Hi Michael,

Very good of you to show the community this scrouge.

I'm pleased that all my Leithefte are genuine period pieces. They bear out what you're showing here.

Fingernails and all, you're a good guy.

Ramon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X