Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Helmet cover clips question.

Hello everyone,

I have several dug complects of a helmet cover clips and recently I spotted, that one has a nubmer 5 on every rivet (it can be clearly seen on a picture). Others I have do not have this number, but condition is not that great, so probably this is the problem. I was not able to find anything about it, but maybe you know what exactly it means, for example number of a camo pattern used and does every clip has this numbering on it?

Hello,
    Very Interesting but IMO the Number has nothing to do with the Number 5 Camo Pattern. The Number onto that Rivet seems to be a tool size Mark or something in that direction.

Regards

Andy

Comment

Originally posted by HERMSDORF View Post
      Hello,
      Very Interesting but IMO the Number has nothing to do with the Number 5 Camo Pattern. The Number onto that Rivet seems to be a tool size Mark or something in that direction.

Regards

Andy
      Correct, it is either the number of the tool to set the rivet or of the tool to make the rivet, likely the latter. I think it indicates the head diameter which usually is in the area of 5mm but can vary.

I haven't seen one like that before but generally many variants of rivets can be encountered.

I like what I see, interesting.

Fritz

Comment

Thanks for your replies,

Nice ideas, I just measured every rivet and they are 7 mm each. So most probably it is some kind of a making tool marking. Anyway quite strange that no one spoted that before or I'm wrong with it .

Comment

This is news to me .

owen

Comment

clips

Never seen these numbered rivets but I like the clips for sure. A lot of early material: smocks, covers in different patterns went east never to be seen again...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X