Last-ditch M44/45 waffen-ss jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
    I found this cut-off late last year and meant to post it, but then we moved into a new house and it has taken me quite a while to dig it (and everything else) out.

Anyway, it appears to be a period-applied printed sleeve eagle. As you can see, it has the correct stitching and the eagle has become "one" with the tunic fabric in the same way a well-worn BeVo eagle does. The wear and discoloration appear consistent with actual use.

Of course, I can not be certain that it was not post-war applied and cleverly aged by artificial means. If that is the case, someone went to a lot of effort and expense just to sell it for less than the average unissued printed sleeve eagle goes for on the market.
    ,,awesome cut-off Brad!
    It looks perfectly legit.

Comment

Awesome printed cut off. Fellow WAF member Bob Hritz posted this cut off example
      2 years ago, for those who might have missed it!
      I have no doubt these insignia were used towards the end
      (just like the Flakhelper SS printed triangular sleeve patches)
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
        I found this cut-off late last year and meant to post it, but then we moved into a new house and it has taken me quite a while to dig it (and everything else) out.

Anyway, it appears to be a period-applied printed sleeve eagle. As you can see, it has the correct stitching and the eagle has become "one" with the tunic fabric in the same way a well-worn BeVo eagle does. The wear and discoloration appear consistent with actual use.

Of course, I can not be certain that it was not post-war applied and cleverly aged by artificial means. If that is the case, someone went to a lot of effort and expense just to sell it for less than the average unissued printed sleeve eagle goes for on the market.
        I remember you telling me about this one.
        Looks great and thanks for posting Brad

Comment

Originally posted by Silesien View Post
          I had that article years ago that Bob Sevier wrote on the M44 & the very last-ditch M45 jackets, & haven't been able to find it !! Seems like it was in Military Trader?, or The Military Advisor ?, or some other publication. Perhaps I gave it away, but should have made a copy of it, & would love to have a copy. Scott, do you still have that article ???

I'll look, but if so, it could be anywhere, I'll ask Bob if he has an extra, he may, and I can make copies and put it away somewhere safe.

Comment

First we find the photo, then we find the jacket

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X