Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last-ditch M44/45 waffen-ss jacket

Hi to all,

I would like to show this interesting last-ditch jacket with rare printed eagle.

-M44 brownish wool
    -3 type of lining : Italian satin and cotton,german grey cotton (viscose)
    -Small cap buttons for the pocket
    -small size
    -printed eagle IMO factory stitched.
    -simplified lining
    -MINT condition and never worn

The jacket is a nice original and rare late war piece.
    don't hesitate to comment it!!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by alexandre; 05-27-2010, 05:57 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The trace of tabs look too long for SS and the printed eagles are not rare.

Ian

Comment

Ian,

To be clear about this thread..the goal is to show an interesting late war variation of the M44 tunic SS or not

So to close the discussion concerning the waffen ss origin :

-the stitching at the back of the collar have a normal size for an ss tab.
                (probably the pics don't give this impression)
                -there is no trace of a breast eagle
                -the printed eagle is not rare itself,but until now,I have never seen it
                sewn on a jacket original or not...
                -the stitching of the eagle is well done,but I have no proof this one was factory applied
                -the Italian lining is most of the time typical for the waffen-ss uniform
                but,I know,in some rare case,it's possible to find it too on luft or heer cap,jacket or pants..

Of course,everyone is free to say,the green thread is too green,the breast pocket buttons are too little.....it's a forum.

Comment

To try and prove that is a real SS tunic would be impossible, at best what you have is an unissued Heer tunic with , but based on the photo's the wool has a very strange nap so I am very skeptical at this point..

Comment

The eagle itself is not questionable and is a known version.
                    The wool is classical...and anyway,it will be difficult to give a definition of
                    "textbook wool" for an M44 jacket, several material were used late in the war : mid war wool,neugrau 44,Italian gabardine,Italian wool,French wool
                    OT wool,blue wool,Italian "regia Aeronautica"blue"wool and probably many
                    foreign capture material....

Please to consider this jacket for what it is :
                    A very interesting late war jacket for the last-ditch afficionados with never applied heer insignas.
                    With an original printed eagle sewn-on ,and I agree,it's impossible to prove when this one was applied....like all the SS tunic since it's not necessary to desewn a lining to do the job!!

Comment

Everything looks very legit to me! Too bad the tabs were removed!
                      Congrats!

Here's a uniform removed printed eagle example; click on thread link!
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=printed+eagle

and this was posted last year: (certainly issued and worn like the M44 uniform example)
                      Hannahs Reich currently has a number of printed sleeve eagles for sale accompanied by a purportedley original photo of
                      one of these eagles on a LAH StuG wrapper. Unfortunately you have to buy an eagle to see the full photo, here is a glimpse......
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NickG; 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Thx Nick for your interesting message and link related to this subject
                        Note on the period pic the "sloppy" zig-zag stitching job!!
                        I thought first this one was crudely hand applied!!
                        Bad there is only one pic known (if original)of these printed bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                          The trace of tabs look too long for SS and the printed eagles are not rare.

Ian
                          it would be very rare in this case, applied on a jacket ...

Comment

Hello
                            Definitely a late-war mix of all kind of wool , you can even see piece of wood pulp . Looks good to me . Made with the bare minimum .
                            Regards
                            P-Y

Comment

It sure looks like a recycled wool tunic. Like the printed sleeve eagle.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X