No announcement yet.

German WWII Wiking Nordland ring!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The story I got a while ago was,,the originator sold most [all?] of the company ,,along with tooling etc. even the maker stamps were sold..So the designs got out. the first fakes were perfect but of course no engraving. After some kind of complaints [to who I can't imagine] the new fakes of this ring now have the bogus makers stamp in them [but not the correct one] and the cartouch font, quality are different..

Years ago I [stupidly] sold and original. Had the initials in it and mine also had dates in it..
    There is an authentic one shown in Littlejohns Vol.4 Foreign Legions of the Third Reich.

Comment

Rings

A ring like Gaspare mentions would be VERY rare, IMO, and you must remember that most such rings (SS divisional rings also) are reproductions. You might consider the skull-type rings that were private purchase in WWI and WWII. These are not as rare, but of course, they were not worn by just the SS, but ANYONE who wanted to purchase. There are known patterns of these you should probably stick to. Of course, even these patterns are sometimes faked. The experts on this forum can usually tell, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaspare View Post
        The story I got a while ago was,,the originator sold most [all?] of the company ,,along with tooling etc. even the maker stamps were sold..So the designs got out. the first fakes were perfect but of course no engraving. After some kind of complaints [to who I can't imagine] the new fakes of this ring now have the bogus makers stamp in them [but not the correct one] and the cartouch font, quality are different..

Years ago I [stupidly] sold and original. Had the initials in it and mine also had dates in it..
        There is an authentic one shown in Littlejohns Vol.4 Foreign Legions of the Third Reich.
        Yes Gaspare you are right about the maker Veljekset Sundqvist, was sold long ago and there was tooling, dies, makerstamps and all kinds of stuff, and those copies that were made are very good, since they were made with the original tools, BUT the ring shown here is a crude copy, and it is not made with the Veljekset tools.

So I can verify that the info you got is correct.

Comment

HI All
          Interesting info about this ring ...
          Somebody can show how look original ????
          I think it will be intersting for many more collectors

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X