Obergruppen fuHrer collar tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the reverse side . . .

The piping on both examples seems very similar, as does the amount of corrosion . . .
    Attached Files

Comment

tabs

I think the fact that my buddy J has mastered photography much better than I and that my picture is blurry and the tabs are badly corroded is the difference you are seeing. I think the reason why acorns and leafs look distorted/flattened is due to poor storage, the vet had these face together with a rubber band around them in the attic under a pile of his other war souvenirs for 60 years. As far as the last post...To me the construction and material look totally different than mine or J's.

Next time I go over to J's I will bring the tabs, we'll shoot pictures of them together and I'll post them so you guys can share your views again.

Thanks to all, Van.....

Question....Does anybody have an idea what a set of Obergruppen fuHrer tabs would be worth even in poor condition? or is something so uncommon impossible to put a value on?

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Van... View Post
        I think the fact that my buddy J has mastered photography much better than I and that my picture is blurry and the tabs are badly corroded is the difference you are seeing. I think the reason why acorns and leafs look distorted/flattened is due to poor storage, the vet had these face together with a rubber band around them in the attic under a pile of his other war souvenirs for 60 years. As far as the last post...To me the construction and material look totally different than mine or J's.

Next time I go over to J's I will bring the tabs, we'll shoot pictures of them together and I'll post them so you guys can share your views again.

Thanks to all, Van.....

Question....Does anybody have an idea what a set of Obergruppen fuHrer tabs would be worth even in poor condition? or is something so uncommon impossible to put a value on?
        I would say that a well worn set would be worth $5500. However, an oxidized set would be worth much less. Oxidation is not a good thing for bullion insignia. It really hurts the value, like mothing to a hat.

Comment

I do not like the shape of the leaves, could be the oxidation and/or the photo.
          DaveJ

Comment

Look also at the positioning of the pips.

In terms of value - Weitze sold a set attributed to Pancke a year or so ago fro Euros 3,200 (which i thought quite reasonable). In good condition $5K seems about right. Assuming these pictured were real - they are mismatched and heavily oxidised - maybe a third of that?

cheers

Tom

Comment

tabs

I'm sorry I miss counted there were 57 men who held the rank of Obergruppenfuhrer during the Third Reich. And if you look at old photos of them in uniform you will find there were two different positioning of pips, some were close together others little further apart.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X