Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collar tab unterscharfuhrer

Hello Gentlemen,

Is this a good tab? Got this from the heritage of a vet, but I'm not a ss collector. I thought it could also be NSKK possibly, is that correct?

Thanks in advance.

Michiel

Tab

Jugding by the length, I think it's an SA tab. Gruppe Berlin-Brandenburg (assuming the pip was originally silver, as it appears). I guess it could be NSKK as well. Not sure of their dimensions. Interesting that it appears to be doeskin, which appears on later SA tabs.

Comment

Tab

After re-examining the photo, and measuring the ratio of height to width (I had to judge because of the unraveling), the dimensions appear the same as SA regulations, i.e., the heighth of the tab is approx. 69% of the width. Measuring perpendicularly, your tab should be 58mm X 40mm to conform to SA regulations. Of course, we all know they certainly do vary.

Comment

Tab

Sorry, I don't think it's doeskin. It's just the weave where the nap has worn off. Definitely an original tab, judging by the backing material.

Comment

Hello, Thanks for your reply.

I had it checked today at a fair by some dealers. They all say its an originall piece, can't judge it's NSKK or SS. But that's fine by me, it gets a nice place among the other insignia in my cabinet!

Comment

Tab

Measure the tab in millimeters, let us know, and that will help.

Comment

it measures:
              61mm x 40.1mm

thanks for helping out.

Comment

Sa

SA tabs are approx. 58mm X 40mm. From photos I've seen, I believe that NSKK tabs are the same. The NSKK grew out of the Motor SA, so that makes sense. I believe the SA was a larger organization, so my guess is that your tab is probably SA (Berlin-Brandenburg).

Comment

Confused

More details please on the comments please.

Comment

sgstandard, thanks a lot!!

Comment

Tab

My pleasure. No way to be 100% sure of anything, and "likely" has to be good enough sometimes. Definitely authentic, though. On this tab, I'm basing originality mostly on the backing material.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X