Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

calling all SS Leitheft collectors

Hello all,
    I need to know the publishing date of this SS Leitheft.
    I have this SS Leitheft which has a fake modern cover added. Although the text inside is TR era and very much authentic....just a fake cover added.
    Unfortunately, the original publishing dates were on the original covers, inside or out(inside cover or inside back cover), but the modern fake cover did not reproduce/provide the information.

Now I need this publishing info for this particular issue/heften which I believe did look like this cover, as I seem to remember seeing a good one(original cover) once somewhere

I translated an article out of this issue and am citing it in a paper I am working on.

I know this issue is at least from 1942 as this date was mentioned in an article in this issue.

Thanks for any aid in the publishing date and exact address of this issues printing.

-Michael
    Attached Files

Michael

I just had some time to take a look at all my ss leitheften.
    The cover of my ss leitheft of Jahrgang 7 Folge 9b is the same as yours.

Comment

thanks Luc !

Originally posted by Luc View Post
      Michael

I just had some time to take a look at all my ss leitheften.
      The cover of my ss leitheft of Jahrgang 7 Folge 9b is the same as yours.
      Luc,
      much thanks for this info, so the 7th jahr of publishing, issue 9...but not sure what the "b" meant .

I was hoping for some help.
      Again thank you.
      Michael Fay

Comment

here you have an overview of the 7th jahr of publishing. It is always with a "a" and a "b" numbered.

Comment

Thanks for showing your amazing collection Luc.

Comment

Originally posted by Luc View Post
            here you have an overview of the 7th jahr of publishing. It is always with a "a" and a "b" numbered.

So I can assume there were exactly 2 heften each month. a issue "a" and an issue "b" except when the a and b were combined into 1 issue.

Luc,You have just shown me a few covers I have never seen before.

Comment

This topic died to quickly …
              Very impressive collection Luc!
              A photo of the ‘Germanische Leithefte’ (1941-1943) next to the ‘Leitheft’ (1944) for the Flemish volunteers.

The ‘Germanische Leitheften’ where first intended for the volunteers of the SS-Division Wiking.
              In 1943 they where published for the volunteers of the III. SS-Panzer-Korps. See the little graphic change on the cover.

And the only German ‘Leitheft’ in my collection.

Comment

Does somebody also have the ‘Leitheften’ for the Walloon, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish and Estonian volunteers?

Comment

The SS-Hauptamt published the ‘Leitheft voor Vlaanderen’ for the Flemish volunteers, the ‘Leitheft voor Nederland’, for the Dutch volunteers, the ‘Heftet’, for the Norwegian volunteers, the ‘Hæftet’ for the Danish volunteers, the ‘Leitheft, Eestikeelne Väljaanne’ for the Estonian volunteers and the ‘Annales’ for the Walloon volunteers.
                  I never saw any photographs of the Danish ‘Hæftet’ nor the Walloon ‘Annales’, is there somebody who has these issues and is willing to share these with us?

Comment

Hi,

the "Jahrgang 6, 2b" is a typo, this is the issue 2b of Jahrgang 7 (1941).

More infos here :

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=547963

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=leithefte

Pictures of the novegian, danish and estonian Germanische Leithefte / Leithefte are usually easy to find. Belgian variant is still unknown to us.

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X