Fritz WITT ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fritz WITT ?

Just going through some photo's I've not looked at in a long time...

A large Heinrich Hoffmann press photo here, with Fritz Witt if I'm not mistaken?

Cheers,
    Steve
    Attached Files

Correct. Oakleaves winner Fritz Witt.

Comment

re: Witt as Eichenlaub trager killed in action Normandy

When I was researching my 3rd book, 'Breakout at Normandy', I was told that only two members of the Waffen SS who were Oakleaves holders were
      killed in action in the entire battle of Normandy. Fritz Witt, then commanding the 12th SS Pz Div was one, killed by British naval artillery, after his C.P. was located, by vectoring radio traffic to that chateau.
      The other was Obstubf Christian Tychsen, ambushed by a roadblock of the U.S. 2nd Armored Division south of Coutances.
      If anyone knows of other Waffen SS oakleaves holders killed in Normandy in 1944, please let me know. I am doing re-writes of my book for a new edition to be published later this year and if I make the statement that
      Tychsen and Witt were the only two W-SS oakleaves holders KIA in Normandy, I would like to be sure it is an accurate statement.

Comment

Used my original PK print of the same Witt photo, had no stamp over the image, in the Witt bio within "Waffen-SS Commanders" volume 2 when it was published some years ago.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X