Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAH member ring! Genuine or not?

Hi,

I had the opportunity to buy these ring from an Ukrainian collector who have been in the WW2 artifact business many many years. He claims it is a original LAH member ring.

What do guys think?

Regards,
    Roger
    Attached Files

Xperia,
    Personally I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole....rings are the easist thing to fake and most were locally made, etc....so how would you ever know?

IMO

I'd only accept a ring with IRONCLAD PROVENANCE....and I'd never believe a dealer's word alone....no matter who he was.....
    John G.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemilitaria View Post
      Xperia,
      Personally I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole....
      Touche'

Jp

Comment

I donno would have to depend on the silver content. I wouldnt pass on it right away as there are many examples of rings bought in shops all over the fronts. I know of alot of german stores selling wartime jewelry. Where do you think the unit mugs came from nearly every soldier had one. So I would test the silver content fakes have none. If you didnt pay to much for it then dont worry. If the dealer wanted a mint then you have to get some paper on it otherwise pass (if its expensive). Its not part of the official channels but hundreds of items like this exist and most of them are unit marked if the unit was in the area or their home barracks was in the area in this case berlin you can sometimes track it down based on work some of the silversmiths have done in the area and compare its fonts and style. One things for sure if its aluminum or iron or any other kind of metal then pass as its fake.

Comment

Rings

The problem with such rings is that there is virtually no way to authenticate them with any degree of certainty. Add to this the fact that MOST such rings are reproductions, IMO, and the odds are certainly against you. Could such a ring be authentic? Of course. Now try to prove it.

Comment

The vast majority of fake rings are made of silver. Silver is cheap and easy to cast. You can make any ring with $8.00 worth of silver at the price of $15.00 per troz of silver.

Bob Hritz
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Bob is of course right,, silver is still cheap and its easy to work with...

This ring is a copy of a fantasy ring!!
              No such ring was produced during the 3rd reich period..

Comment

oops, wrong thread, so many fake ring threads!

Comment

just to bring it back up close to other rings from same source.
                  Jp

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X