Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ski Boots SS42 by Pivecka

Dear All,

Got this pair of boots that are ready to walk to the e-stand. Before posting there, I would like to present them here for your opinions as there are often question regarding type and markings, etc.

Please share your knowledge about this type of boots.

Thanks for your opinions!

Best Regards,

Al
    Attached Files

Side view:
    Attached Files

Comment

Soles:
      Attached Files

Comment

Markings:
        Attached Files

Comment

Markings inside the shoes:
          Attached Files

Comment

Al,

I know nothing about those boots, but have seen simular ( not exactly the same ) boots here:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=224237

Maybe this can help you more

Comment

ski-boots

Hi there,

Well, I think the boots might have a chance being WWII-period, but I believe the SS-markings were applied much (60 years) later........

greetings

Ton

Comment

Originally posted by ton g View Post
                Hi there,

Well, I think the boots might have a chance being WWII-period, but I believe the SS-markings were applied much (60 years) later........

greetings

Ton
                Is this belief based on knowledge? If so please share, as I would be most surprised to find out this to be true.

Comment

I just can comment on SS-RZM marked shoes or boots, some have also the RFSS label sewn in. Never have seen this marking on a shoe before but will not say out from the blue it is not OK as I don't know, but we know some stuff was also just marked with runes.

It need also to considered from where the items comes out that is getting questioned.
                  For period worn WWII shoes, these ones would be in super condition.

Comment

Albert, SS markings to leather goods are not a new phenomenon by fakers . SS marked leather goods have been on the market for decades.

Some are original along with many many fakes. I would think one would need the knowledge of what the markings mean, where the item was made, and when it was made before one could even take a credible assumption on when the SS markings were placed on the item.

Years ago most of the fake SS leather stamps were made of a soft lead based metal, which were easy for the small time faker to make or have made up. You based your assumption or guess on the originality of the stampings by the crispness in the stamped leather. The soft metal stamps tended to round off the impression in the markings. Today because of the astronomical higher prices of items associated with the SS along with cheap labor , computerized laser and tool cutting the stamps are available in hardened steel.

At that time most collectors didn't have that much information available about the SS industrial system to know what all the markings meant.

What I guess I'm getting at is. If you showed me those boots 20 years ago based on the quality of the markings alone I would have made the assumption that they were good.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X