Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional Uniform ?

I have a question about the good ol' traditional uniform of the SS

I have been searching a lot for decent pictures of this uniform but apparently i can't find a lot!

I've found some good pictures offcourse but i don't really know the regulations on this get-up.

for instance: i have seen pictures of two different kind of brownshirts.

the first one is like the SA brownshirt, the short shirt with buttonloops to attach to the pants.

and the other looks like it's just a modified SS shirt. the ones that only have 4 buttons and doesn't open completely.

Can anyone shine some light on this for me?

Also feel free to post some pics of this uniform.

i'm trying to make a complete outfit so all reference is welcome!

thanks!

The traditional uniform of the SS is basicaly the brownshirt with black buttons,black bordered swastika armband, black pants,black tie and kepi and with of course the appropiate insignia of rank, which in the early years where in a constant state of evolution of desing and patterns.

There are a lot of period photos showing these in use, just have to remember that in the early days regulations and patterns where not always followed.

Good luck finding an original untouch SS brownshirt, these are super rare, the kepis are also rare but come to the market from time to time. Do a search in the forum and you will find several good photos of original SS kepis from fellow forum members and some fakes to make the diferences of construction details.

Comment

This is an early SS brownshirt that was updated for the traditional wear by adding a loop for the shoulder board.

Bob Hritz
      Attached Files
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

VERY interesting glimpse stage right there Mr Hritz.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Ian

The Stosstrupp Adolf Hitler 1923 brownshirt had been posted in the Political Forum, some time back.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post

Ian
            The SA Stosstrupp tunic is probably the forerunner of the SS brownshirt. This example is the traditional SA brown shirt worn for functions related to the Putsch. The Stosstrupp cap is Hermann Fobke's and named. The shirt is not Fobke's and I still have not been able to positively identify the owner. Strangely, it all came out of the Berlin apartment of Gaulieter Wagner.

Bob Hritz
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
              The SA Stosstrupp tunic is probably the forerunner of the SS brownshirt. This example is the traditional SA brown shirt worn for functions related to the Putsch. The Stosstrupp cap is Hermann Fobke's and named. The shirt is not Fobke's and I still have not been able to positively identify the owner. Strangely, it all came out of the Berlin apartment of Gaulieter Wagner.

Bob Hritz
              Bob, a great and historic set up! Ulric of England has another Fobke uniform along his cased Blood Order and GPB.

Comment

Yes, Ulrich and I got together to enjoy each other's Stosstrupp material. Both of us want the other's material.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Simply....AMAZING!!! I wish more of this early SS and SA uniforms and it's evolution is detailed in more detail and color photos in a new publication, in my very personal opinion they could be considered the missing link in the great reference works that have been published recently about the SS regalia, tha SA is also in need of a new reference work for that matter!!

Superb specimens of both, the SS and SA brownshirt, that cufftittle alone is a historian/collectors dream, Thank you for sharing them!!

Comment

I've seen photos of SS brownshirts with tabs worn under the black tunic.Another interesting variation.

Comment

Brownshirt

There are brownshirts that are really long, like a nightshirt. (This is not to be confused with the shirt usually worn under a tunic) My pre-1933 Franken SA brownshirt is VERY long, for tuck-in use. It's exactly like a regular brownshirt otherwise, with French cuffs, collar tabs, collar piping, etc. But it IS a pull-over, with small, real shell buttons at the neck. Real SS brownshirts are very rare, and most you see are "concoctions".

Comment

thanks guys! that's some good info! pretty much what i wanted to hear!

and man... those pictures are indeed ... damn!!!

cheers!

Comment

Brownshirt

Clarification - When I mentioned that most SS brownshirts you run into are "concoctions', I certainly wasn't referring to Mr. Hritz's fine example.

Comment

Bob Hirtz,
                            That is some PAIR you got there!!!!!

.................I mean the shirt/tunic ensambles!

Seriously, .........to me these are kind of close to a "holy grail" in T.R. stuff, very cool indeed.

Jp

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X